Headaches / Vision Issues / Rear

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello,

For about 15 months now I've had a variety of symptoms that are driving me up the wall. I've been a perfectly healthy human being up until I turned 25 where I feel like things have just gone down hill quickly.

From the moment I wake up, to the moment I go to sleep, I see white spots in my eyes. Almost grainy like vision. The floaters are particularly noticible if it's a cloudy day outside (looks like hundreds of little things swimming round in the sky). I also see these things when I shut my eyes on the inside of my eye lids. They very miniscule but there in there hundreds. When I went on a plane recently and looked out the window it looked like little colourful fireworks going off in the clouds.

The lower back right (especially) and lower back left of my head have pain almost every day. It feels like the bottom left / right of my head is putting pressure on my skull. Moving my head around causes pain at the top of my neck / base of my skull.

I have bad sleeping issues. I wake up probably at least twice a night. First thing in the morning I feel as though I've never been to sleep

This all makes me feel quite dizzy as well

I was diagnosed with Paroxsymal Atrial Fibrillation in March 2016. This has subsequently been treated with an ablation an I am off all medication, but the symptoms continue.

I've been to see an opthamologist who says my eyes are healthy (my actual vision itself is fine)

I've had 3 MRI Scans of my head. All of which are normal. I had a follow up ultrasound of my neck recently to check for carotid artery disease. That was also normal.

The doctors think I'm making it all up and say it's stress related. It's not stress related! The only thing I'm stressed out about is why I am like this. I have been having back / neck massages & physio to try to release whatever it is that's there without success.

This morning I saw another eye doctor who told me it was "Something I would have to live with" which I just cannot accept with no actual diagnosis. I mentioned about going to see a neurologist and he just told me it wouldn't be any benefit as the scans were clear.

Being in work is absolutely horrible being surrounded by computer screens and lights which just seems to exasperate the issue

Any suggestions please?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Could there be a circulatory issue going on? An MRI scan will not show much if that is the case. A CAT scan with contrast would be a good bet as any narrowing will show clearly. If you do have this scan try to remember to dose up on a good iodine preparation for a couple of days beforehand which should help protect your thyroid gland from the contrast used (which is mildly radioactive). As an aside, it would be rare for such a set of symptoms to appear overnight unless they followed a traumatic event. So, please, think back. When did you last feel really well? Little things can be overlooked, and yet can provide those missing clues as to what might be going on. Wishing you all the best, with, hopefully, a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

Thanks for your reply. I honestly think it was about December 2015. One morning things started to go funny and have never got better since. I really cannot remember doing anything out of the ordinary.

I have had an MRI with dye recently of my neck / spinal area which ... as has been the case .. all normal!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.