Headaches with almost a heartbeat in my head, what's the best way to lessen it?

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've tried Tylenol, ibprophen, aspirin pretty much anything over the counter I could find with no luck, the excedrin migraine used to help a lot but now not as much. Hoping someone out there has a remedy that works. Thanks

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

33cody - while medication can really help you manage it in the short term on an SOS bais I would suggest trying some yoga and meditation. You can start with some Isha Kriya which is availbale on youtube for free. Consult your gp if possible.
  • Posted

If you are stressed medications over the counter may not help.

Relaxation Techniques may help, Mindfullness comes to mind and there are books that you can get on Amazon.

Some AD medications you get from your GP could help your relax.

Talk to your GP.

• Posted

So this is a common symptom though it just started and I'm over 7 weeks in? I figured it would've been there during the most stressful times like in the very beginning. I feel like I'm so close to getting over the hump but this has just started 4days ago and the foggy dizzy feeling has been constantant and now either don't seem to wanna stop. This is all started because this feelin of dizziness or fogginess and pressure in the back of my head and i went full panic after that now I got over the panic part but these symptoms will not go anywhere, I feel like the last cpl days I've been posting a lot but I just wanna convince myself anxiety is all it is and that it will get better just need to be more patient and better that's not really a strong suit of mine.

• Posted

Do both of your ears ache, too? I have been feeling like this for the past two days, but I thought it was from no little to no sleep.
    • Posted

My ears don't really hurt, the pulsating part kinda stopped now I kinda like a pain in a specific part of my head then an hr later it's a different part but it's not been as bad last night or this morning yet it's only 710am here tho lol but the weird dizzy/foggy feeling like my eyes don't wanna focus or something that hasn't stopped for more than like 20 mins so I dunno dr still says anxiety and increased my cit dose this will be day 4 I'm gonna give it a cpl weeks then I'm gonna see a different dr and a neurologist

• Posted

It was also suggested that I should get tested for lupus and possibly silent migraine because I also have joint pain and some other symptoms that coincide that match anxiety lupus and the silent migraine
    • Posted

I would say it is all side effects. I was in emergency Friday, because of my upset stomach, light period and acid reflux. All the tests came back good. Side effects. Although where I am not anxious, just feel ill, that is why I believe my dose is too high. I will see Thursday. It will be tolerable if I can get my Nexium refilled and something to help sleep for the time being. 4 hours some nights isn't enough.

• Posted

Yea that's why I went with an increase cause my symptoms were coming back strong I'm only 4 days in on the increase havnt helped yet besides headaches are less prominent but I have had no side effects accept frequent urination has come back but my sleep was so bad before I increased and it hasn't changed yet lol I get about the same as you 4hrs or so and work full time 10hr days Minimum so no sleep plus that makes it hard lol I'm ready for bed by like 630 every night and have to force myself to stay awake till 9 or 10

• Posted

With how mild my anxiety is and only wanting something to help in school, I would consider my dose too high. I slept like a baby beforehand and had a fullblown appetite. Off and on for 8 weeks I would good horrible sleep to good sleep. Sure 4 hours is better than nothing, but not when you are used to 8 hours tops. See what he said Thursday, because it isn't really effecting my life, I just hate the fact I can't sleep. However, hopefully an increase is all you needed!

• Posted

Anxiety causes stress, like headaches, this is not unusual.

You could try an antiinflamatory medicatin like Nurophen that will reduce the swelling that is causing a headache, although if it is stress this pathway may not work and yu are best to talk to your GP. He will suggest a medicatin that can calm the Anxiety.

Sometimes Asprin an reduce headahes, it you take them for extended periods they can cause bleeding inside the tummy and they an also show as bruising on arms. This bruises are faint and yellowing and are more painful than a standard bruise. 

The reasons I suggest your GP he knows your medical history and will script accordingly. If a headache is persistant it needs to be looked into and that should put your mind at ease.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.