Headaches with Globus anyone?

Posted , 7 users are following.

My globus just started a little over a week ago. Lump feeling, hard to swallow saliva. sometimes my food gets caught. especially the more I think about it while im eating. have lite headaches. not sure if thats from stress and anxiety or globus. just curious if anyone has this and constant clearing of throat of flem? thanks!!!

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hello, I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I have had it for 3 months. My throat gets tight and I get a lump feeling. Its where my stress has decided to settle 😦 I have the thick saliva (especially at night).

• Posted

HI there, firstly food wont get stuck in youre throat, it just feels like it, have you had the camera?? if all good its a case of not panicking or over thinking! 2 years ago i had it bad 2 weeeks, same, food stick it wasnt lol saliva!! omg! drove me nuts, ive learnt to realise its not going to kill me, i didnt think about it, its so much better, i still get episides but i believe you have to be positive and get it out of your head its something more cynister i think cetain foods can trigger it, keep a diary

• Edited

its your Stomach acid that's causing all this Symptom's, I've dealt with this for the last 2 years, almost drove my doctor CRAZY as I requested for all sorts of exams, and they all came back clear. Your stomach acid is not suppose to pass up into your Esophagus, if it does like in our CASE, we are in for a wild ride as it creates all kinds of problems, Tight Throat, Sore Throat, Nausea, Thick Phlegm, chest Tightness, Bitter Mouth, Sinus Problems and more. Try to take a quick smell of ammonia or Bleach, your body involuntarily pulls you away from that smell, Well the bad news is that when Stomach Acid goes up your Esophagus and into your Throat WE are doomed, HOW DO WE GET AWAY FROM THAT???? We are stuck with that, because its happening inside our Chest Cavity. Doctors have 3 Options, Antacids, Diet or last but not least, Surgical Interference.

• Edited

This info is from a PREVIOUS Post, hope it helps:

Hello everyone, I hate to say, Welcome to the Club, as this is one Club that none of us with this issue would like to be members of, but going back to your symptoms, get checked up on your Vitamin D3 Levels as for me when I had this done, I found out That my D3 Level was at 15, when the normal range is 50-100, (Pryor to this check up I have gone thru about 40 Doctor Appts.,/15 procedures of all kinds, lots of Bloodwork aside from your normal Bloodwork Test). But taking 5000 IU of vitamin D3 Daily has made a huge difference about 90% better. I’ve also found out thru research on medical studies published on the net, that if you have silent LPR which is related to (GERD), the acid from your stomach can mess up the entire upper part of your Digestive System, (Esophagus, Throat, Mouth). As Hydrochloric Acid is not suppose to leave the Stomach, when it travels to your Upper Digestive tract it not only Coats your Esophagus, Throat and Mouth with an enzyme called Pepsin but it also disrupts your Upper Digestive Flora, Yes thats correct just as we have a Gut Flora We also have a Flora of organisms from our Mouth all the way down to our Colon. When this Pepsin Enzyme has Coated your Upper Digestive Tract it penetrates and settles into the fibers of your tissues, Therefore creating tenderness and inflammation along with throat tightness and many other symptoms that most Doctors will call it Stress/Anxiety/Globus and many other names that they can come up with. For some reason from personal Experience, this Pepsin has triggers, and flare ups, for Me Water and Milk triggers it to an ON position and to turn it OFF I drink lots of Ginger or Chamomile Tea. Now, Leaving this Pepsin Enzyme alone, When your Upper Digestive Flora is out of balance due to the massive kill of organisms done by the Acid, only the stronger Organisms will survive, Candida, H. Pylori and so on. This stronger Organisms will re populate and take over the space left by the other organisms that were killed by the stomach Acid, and its this Surviving Organisms that also give you Dry Mouth, Mouth ulcers, White coated Tongue, Chocking and Tightness Sensations. Keep in Mind that the Flora in your whole Digestive System Mouth to Colon has to be in Perfect Balance at all times. Am not a Doctor, But it is Very Sad to know that theres people out there that have lost all hope in the meaning of life.

• Posted

Yea mate i do but not quite as bad as yours. I mountain bike and have just joined a gym and use the steam room as well

Cheers martin

• Posted

Hello,

I joined this group and topic, because of the exact reason that you are describing. I have the globus pharyngeus and am taking a 10mg antihistamine due to it, but continue to also have a nagging headache constantly. I read on another page that the headache could be due to a lack of oxygen. I'm trying a stress reduction breathing exercise now. I'll let you know how it goes.. THIS is miserable and I welcome any and all suggestions.

• Posted

I never even knew what this was called...

Last Sept. while at work, I had the hiccups episode that sets off the lump in my throat feeling or food stuck in a ball in my throat. then it followed with my inability to swallow/flemmy feeling to l can't breathe; but I'm breathing so fast I'm hyperventilating.

I went for a walk to try and ease my anxious feeling. I only remember my hands feeling numb, feeling very dizzy, lightheaded and then everything got fuzzy white, then black and ended up fainting in the parking lot, hitting my head in the ground.

Ambulance to ER diagnosis...syncope followed after hiccups. scar on my eye reminds me how scary it is when it happens.

well it happened again tonight...started with hiccups 1st then same symptoms above, except

l was able to get the feeling to subside and not faint... but hands went tingly numb and got dizzy and fuzzy feeling.

only common food link...white rice??

what is this and what causes it?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.