Headaches won't stop and my hat keeps getting tighter.

Posted , 6 users are following.

I've had problems with allergies and breathing through my nose since I was a kid, as early as I can remember.  My cheeks feel like they have pressure, my forehead feels like it has pressure, my nose itches and runs, my eyes itch and swell, I can never breath through both nostrils at once, the blockage changes sides, and often I can't breath through either side, the mucus never stops coming, my ears have been popping too.  I'm so fed up with it, i'm ready for a better quality of life.  I have a doctors appointment next week.  I just learned about rhinitis and knew that was what I had to have.  It's all year round and I don't really know more than that.  I suspect I'm allergic to dust mites.  I've been on the nasal steroid spray but I never gave it a long enough try probably.

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Cody.

Hi. As you are obviously allergic, you will get great benefit from Evening Primrose Oil.

Please read my recent posts, to understand the benefits fully

Try one 1000mg capsule of Evening Primrose Oil each day. It will desensitise your nervous system, so that your body does not react to normal irritants. It takes 4 hours to work, but it is effective for a further 24 hours, so one capsule daily is normally sufficient. It is not a drug, so it has no adverse size affects and does not affect mental ability.

This is a very affective treatment for allergic complaints such as hay fever, rhinitis and allergic sinusitis. It works alone, without the aid of antihistamines or other normal aids.   It is also the least expensive treatment.

Try it and be as surprised as I was with the result.

Regards Ray.

• Posted

Morning Cody,  I too suffer from allergic Rhinitis.  It's my left side that is constantly blocked up and I have to use a decongestant spray before I sleep, to allow me to sleep.  Sinus headaches for me are an issue too.  With steroid Nasal sprays you have to use the twice daily for a long time to see any benefit.  I use Flixonase Aqueous and do find it help, been it on for years now.  I think I need to ask about the Balloon Dilation to open up tubes.  I make a lot of mucus that gets stuck in Eustachian Tubes that causes very badly blocked ears, this is such a miserable condition.  You may have Polyps that are causing your blocked nose....I have them too.  I've just finished a course of Prednisolone Steroid Tablets (20 day reducing course) and feel brilliant at the moment, even taste and smell have returned, so they have done their job in clearing up all the inflammation......however still getting congested on that left side.  Are you taking a daily Citrizine Antihistamine ?? you'll need to if it's house dust that could be causing it.  I think mine is that too and that's something that can never be eradicated no matter has clean we are, it's in the air.  Also try a Nasal Rinse to try and rid any allergens.

Good Luck with you appointment

Anne

• Posted

Hi,

I originally posted the following on the thread begun by Garnet888; it may be relevant to you problem, if nothing else it may give you pause to consider a wider scenario:

Hi,

I am now a crinkly who has had similar allergy/intolerance issues for more than 50 years. My allergy history may be of interest ...

Around pubity I started to suffer with 'hayfever' - that is unpleasant reactions to pollen, especially from grasses - which made me repeatedly sneeeze hard (until my nose would bleed), made me wheezy and caused me sweat (fever). Year on year this became worse and extended beyond the main pollen season. By mid teens I stayed indoors for much of the summers - sometimes staying in bed beacuse the symptoms were so debilitating. Being somewhat distracted I messed up academic exams.

Before 'A' levels I sought help from the NHS who tried somewhat crudely to test me for allegens. Mostly the test allergen spots put onto my skin caused large wheals that all blended together. No progress was made. Life continued its downward slide!

Getting to and through College was a trauma. By this time I learnt to love alcohol and the deterioration spiralled. Allergic rhinitis/sinusitis became common place .... you'll be getting the picture?

In work I had a colleague with similar problems and no positive outcome from NHS treatments who pestered me for possibly two years to visit a particular homeopath ( not a quack but a 'proper' doctor doing medical research) based in Southampton but also who practiced at Harley Street - which, at the time, was easily accessible to me. Eventually, very sceptical, I attended the London clinic. It was the best thing I ever did for my general well being!! 

Afer a lot of discussion, a strange and slightly primitive looking electrical aparatus was physically connected to me and comparison made with dozens of material sample slides that were slotted into the machine. Within half an hour the doctor had identified a number of common foodstuffs to which I AM intolerant or allergic. I left with strict diatary exclusion orders that I stuck with for about two months before returning for another consultation. By this time life had taken a very different turn - no headaches, the sinuses were clear, my breathing was so good I could run again, my skin was clear; my mood was very much more bouyant. I was almost a new person!

FOR ME the primary exclusions were processed sugars and related dairy produce (lactose has similar effects and is a very common allergen) plus to a lesser effect coffee, chicken, corn ... and the list goes on.

I lived with my total exclusions for 35 years and enjoyed a very healthy life.

Following early retirement from a successful career I decided that I should be able to re-introduce and control alcohol and sweet puddings. To begin I allowed ten pints of beer in the first year. This gradualy slid to the point that I have been drinking two pints a week and regular puddings, still a relatively small amount, that has made some of the allergy symptoms return with a vengeance. I have sneezing fits, almost continual headaches, problems with my eyes. I recently frightened myself when, with pint in hand, I went into an almost hypnotic state and started insulting a good friend - totally lost it!

I am now back on my exclusions diet going through detoxification.

THE DOCTOR WHO SO IMPROVED MY LIFE ARGUED THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE ALLERGIES OR INTOLERANCES. SOME PEOPLE ARE LESS TOLERANT OF ALLERGENS AND PEOPLE REACT DIFFERENTLY TO THE VARIOUS POSSIBLE ALLERGENS.

THE MAJORITY OF ALLERGENS TAKEN INTO THE BODY ARE PART OF FOOSTUFFS. iF THE FOODSTUFF ALLEGENS ARE ELIMINATED IT REDUCES THE LIKELYHOOD OF UNCONTROLLABLE ALLERGENS, SUCH AS THOSE IN THE AIR, CAUSING A SENSITIVE PERSON TO HAVE AN ADVERSE REACTION AND CONSEQUENT DETERIORATED HEALTH.

!!GET TESTED FOR FOOD ALLERGIES AND INTOLERANCES!!

Best wishes from an old but experienced fart.

• Posted

Hi there, 

I wanted to thank you so much for this post. My story is very similar, with these symptoms getting progressively worse as I've gotten older. I'm in my mid-20s now and am desperate to regain my quality of life. I've already had multiple CT scans, a balloon sinuplasty, skin environmental allergy test (I too had my skin break out terribly!) and more. I recently contacted a homeopath that suggested a food intolerance test. The treatment is quite expensive here and I already have cut dairy, gluten, and alcohol, from my diet for the past two years so I've been really skeptical about spending more money for testing. It's been a nightmare the past few years and I was unemployed for quite some time due to the constant sickness. I've been frustrated trying to find answers. I think your post has convinced me to give the homeopath a try! Thank you for sharing your story. I hope it will turn things around for me too. 

• Posted

Hi Tyler,

I'd have been a bit older than you when I took the plunge into the world of 'black magic'.

The testing was expensive to me then but turned out to be an absolute bargain for the extreme change in how I felt, my deteriorating health getting older and the huge impact it had both on my family life and career success.

The change to life that going from constantly feeling like absolute s**t, continually being on antibiotics and nasty prescription chemicals to being REALLY fit and needing absolutely no medical intervention cannot be overstated!

Except for 'breakages' gained from participation in sports I haven't needed to attend a medical practioner for almost 40 years! Taking time from work, conventional mis-diagnosis and drugs would have cost far more over the same time period.

What price would you place on quality of life? Remember this is real - you don't get a second shot!

Do whatever it takes to get a life worth living! If you find your cure you will never regret the cost; you will always regret your loss of life.

Regards,

Boot.

Boot

• Posted

Hello Boot,

How does one find a reputable practitioner ?

I live in England and no too sure about our

Homeopaths.....what should I be looking for

in qualifications ?

Anne

• Posted

Hi Anne,

I suggest you start by looking at the NHS Choices site for Allergy testing.

I apologise if this seems a bit abrupt. I don't have time to get into specific dialogue with every Patient user that I mailed with my initial contribution.

My knowledge of homeopaths/homeopathy is limited to one practictioner and decades in the past.

Searching the web for Homeopathy should lead to to answers to your questions.

Good luck,

Regards,

Boot

• Posted

Thank you.  I've read all of your past posts, so know what you've been talking about.

ETD is such a miserable condition and I hate having to continually take either oral

steroid (that do work for a period of time) or steroid nasal spray and only one of

these works, but only allowed to use for a max of 6 weeks.  That time for me has

run out on Thursday, so cycle will start all over again.

Thank you again

Anne

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.