Headche since May 2022

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there , male 49 yrs old here.. i have headaches since May 2022 , initially the pain was on the right side just above the ear , after few days the pain moved in the back of the head and in top of the head and temples ,also i have stiff neck, it was constant pain like i was hit with the hammer , the only time i had a bit of peace it was in the morning just after i woke up, going to work with this pain was hell , i went to ER few times i was released with all kind of painkillers nothing worked even codein was given , i had CT and MRI both showed: mucosal thickening of the paranasal sinuses, the last 2 weeks is a living hell , the pain is triggered by exercise or even walking and is there for the entire day and i feel my whole face numb and numbness in upper front teeth and gum sometimes in the jaw, and right eye pain , i also have pain in forehead and top of the head this pain is there all the time .. i cant take it anymore , the GP said need to see a neurologist , all this situation is affecting my job and my life, if you have or had something like this please reply i would appreciate thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I have same I am 52 been suffering for more than 10 years I had to stop working can't get benefits etc. my partner supports both of us. I am in constant head pain very tight stiffness all around back of head. tried all sorts of meds. only thing that helps me cope a bit better is amytriptaline 50 mg. referred by doc for neurology but they won't see me as had a head scan 7 years ago. I find it difficult to sleep am in chronic all of the time pain with no help. some days I drink alcohol to help me sleep

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.