Headches for 6 months HELLPPP...

Posted , 4 users are following.

im 20yr old male currently in the army,  ive been having trouble with headches constantly for 6 months now had ct /mri scan and was all clear, also lumbar puncture the results was 20 high but not too high my neuro said, so all results clear, ive been on 10mg amitriptyline, 5mg folic acid, 30mg zormorph nothing seems to work except the zormorpth, the neuro wont help he said he has referred me to another neuro for second opioion but feel hes going to say the same any ideas what could be causing this or what i do next. i some times cant get out my bed because the pain im in. i would appreciate any advice on what next please

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hi Dean,

I take Sumatriptan, tablets or epipen injections, but you can get a nasal spray version as well.  they get rid of my migraines very quickly.  For preventative meds I take Pregabalin, 300mg twice a day and Verapamil 340mg 3 times a day along with 10mg Flunarizine at night.  I also have Botox injections.  I was having severe headaches daily and this combo seems to work fairly well for me.  Everybody is different and what works for one may not for another.

Good luck and let us know how you get on

• Posted

i also take Sumatriptan (imigran) which works every time for me within an hour (but dont take more than 2 a week or you end up with rebound daily headaches). Im just about to try Candesartan as a prevenative. Good luck
  • Posted

To many med can Give you severe headache bc the side effect. I'm coming off Clonazepam and remeron and have severe burning headache for over a year. But I would not take any drug anymore. Medication can help for some people but it destroyed my life.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.