Healing Anal Fissures

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi Everyone..

I started getting this terrible pain during BM in Dec17 as if I was passing glass during BM. At first I took it as Piles and started home remedies for same (I had already treated piles naturally at home before as well). For a week continued with it thinking it would get better, but it never got..

Finally I searched Internet and understood that my symptoms are for Fissures.

After 10 days of pain finally showed up my GP who advised it as Fissure in Ano and gave some antibiotics, paracetamol, stool softner and a cream and advised Sitz bath in normal hot water.. Well things worked well as pain got less day by day during that weeks medication..

Once my course of medicines was done a burning sensation with lite pain remained stuck in anus for all day, making me go mad as I cudnt sit in office or home.

Finally I approached a Surgeon who immediately said "SURGERY" and I was like hell broke... I was never ready for it as it can screw up ur life if goes wrong and am just 27 still..

After a lot of case studies online I finally decided to give a try to COCONUT OIL.. and believe me thats the best decision I made.

Today after 2 months from the start of this trouble I feel no pain and my BM are also pain free..

All I did was this :

1. EATING

->2 or 3 fruits in a day.. I preferred Bananas, Watermelon, Apple and Guava.

-> Minimum 4 litres of liquid a day (most water n rest buttermilk n jaggery water)

-> Lunch n Dinner was only vegetables and wheat chappatis, daal rice and boiled shuran(elephant foot yam)

Ate as and when i felt like eating. Last meal for the day was at 7 pm (To allow everything digest and have 1 BM only next morning)

Don't eat late.. digestion trouble starts there..

Basically increase intake of fibre rich and easily digestible food.. All flows well next morning..

AVOID meat yoghurt and dairy items totally.. and food that takes time to digest.

2. HOT WATER SITZ

Twice a day with no additions in water.. Plain Hot water and also after every BM (Sometimes had 2 3 a day). 20 minutes each time.

3. WALKING

I was laziest when it comes to physical exercise or walk.. My bike was my life.. Since Fissures i haven't touched it and now I walk 70 mins daily without fail.

Walk helps blood circulation which helps healing fissure, movement of food and ultimately helps everything.

4. MEDICINES

-> Talk to ur GP and ask for antibiotics which helps to kill the bacteria n germs that reside on fissure wound. (5 days max course as bacteria can become resistant and create more troubles).

Mine were CIPLOX TZH tablets and RINIFOL capsules.

-> ANOVATE Cream which was prescribed by my GP.. It makes you feel less painful after BM (not sure whether helps in healing but definitely reduces pain)

After Hot Water sitz n every BM.. I use to take a pea size on finger and push it inside gently.

-> STOOL SOFTNER is a blessing in this terrible time.. Get any good one from Chemist and use it everyday. I still use it even thou I have no pain anymore.. Gradually will reduce it and remove completely from my daily routine.

5. COCONUT OIL (a real blessing)

Even after a month of following strick diet and walk n all I was not relieved completely from pain and it started again in Jan18 end when 1 day stool got a bit hard.

Finally after starting use of Coconut oil and got complete relief in 1 week from pain.

Now applying Coconut Oil is a real task.. I use ORGANIC Coconut oil which is always in liquid state.. Its not easy to apply it inside Anus as it slips of finger as u try to apply.

So i started freezing it in a ice tray.. Break it up in small pieces that I can push up in my anal. It goes in easy now and melts off in 2 secs thereby applying oil completely inside on fissure n also helps keep the canal lubricated.

Apply as many times as I can in entire day.

Thats it..

I pray to god everyday that no 1 should suffer from this trouble as I know how badly it takes ur life away from you.. M healing and will continue doing my above stuffs for couple of months to ensure there is no recurrence.

TIP: Things that are working for me might not work for all.. So check yourself and see what works best for you..

All you need is 2 things.. Soft Stools and 1 BM a day to help it heal.

May god bless all and heal every1 suffering from this terrible trouble.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.