Healing feelings...

Posted , 4 users are following.

Had my cast off yesterday and in an air boot, fractured fibula 5 weeks ago. Can weight bare in boot too.

My foot feels really odd - it's like a ticklish kind of pins and needles. I can move it and not much pain except this weird tickling feeling inside! Anyone else have weird sensations and is it normal? Thanks x

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi anniea, what you are feeling is totally normal. My foot felt like it was being electrocuted. As you start weight bearing you will have a few different sensations as you progress. As soon as you start physiotherapy they will give you exercises to do that will help with these sensations. Good luck and a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

Yes that's normal. Mine went as I weight bore more although I did get chiro help and massage to get the fascia moving again.

• Posted

I had the pins & needles thing for about a week after getting my cast off (five weeks for subluxed tendons).

• Posted

This was a good question for me, because I will start weight bearing in a week's time and I stress eaaily about these things! Now I know what to expect.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.