Health

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi everyone.

I have been doing a lot of research on women's health. Trying to control my own anxiety about our changes and getting older. I decided to take charge of my health. I eat healthier cut out most sugars. I drink almond milk, more fruits and veggies. I take supplements more vitamin D, multivitamin, turmeric, CoQ10, probotics, greens supplements, Omega 3. I drink water or unsweetened green tea. I ride my bike with my kids and try to get plenty of sleep. I have lost 43 pounds so far. I am sharing this because I feel better. I have more energy and I feel better mentally. I decided to take control of my life and health. If you read about alot of different illnesses and diseases it's usually controlled by what you eat. I hope this helps anyone needing advise on the way they feel. We can only help ourselves!

5 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hooray for you !  That's great! Diet makes a big difference!

• Posted

Yes I agree, we have to help ourselves. Little steps, small changes, one day at a time, Well done on the weight loss and feeling better. 
  • Posted

This is excellent dorothy i agree i have just started  eating a little better not as good as you. I have started swimming and lost 5 pound in the last 4 weeks and yes i feel more positive xx
    • Posted

Great for you Ananda!

Keep up the good work too!

• Posted

Well done you! I don't know how you manage. I have zero determination. I have irresistible sweet craving. A week ago I was trying to keep a bit active. Then period cane and knocked me down and I just want to eat chocolate. I am very depressed. I seem to be putting on weight rather than loose. I know I will feel better if I lost a bit. But I just can't keep the state of mind. I admire you!

• Posted

I was able to do it because my health Anxiety was getting so bad. I decided to take control of my health. I see so many women's post struggling with depression and anxiety. I wanted to share that there is hope. Either we control the anxiety or it will control us.

• Posted

I agree and believe in this.  Eating healthy and staying active is key.  I also take all supplements that you have mentioned and try to swim as often as I can.  My problem is the mindless snacking which then leads to other things...   Sugar is basically a drug and it's hard to beat!  Once I get this under control, I'm sure I will feel better.  : )  Keep up the great work!!

• Posted

Wonderful!  I've lost 12 pounds by changing eating habits, riding an exercise bike daily, and getting more sleep.  Still struggling as always with anxiety, especially at work, but this one area is mine:  taking care of myself.  It makes a huge difference and it is so fun to see the number on the scale get lower.  I am wearing clothes that didn't fit and my plantar fasciitis is nearly gone!  A day at a time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.