Health aniexty

Posted , 4 users are following.

My healthy aniexty is bad today. I been through a 3 week stretch of off and on again aniexty. The main thing I feel is wrong is something with my heart. I went last spring to a heart doctor and everything was good. I feel like I have constant chest pains. Actually my chest feels sore. Like I've been lifting weights. It's scares me and even though I try to convince myself it's just stupid aniexty I'm scared. Anyone else relate?

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hey I've had heart anxiety for years thinking that I would defo die of a heart attack, I get palpitations that sometimes last hours with 150 heartrate, have had several ecgs, echo n bloods n all normal, docs say it's stress related. Chest pains are a typical anxiety symptom, if the doc gave you the all clear I would just keep that in mind. How old are you? X
    • Posted

I'm 42. I feel like my life is on hold. My Bp has been high so my gp prescribed me mettoparol (sp) for it. It did bring Bp and heart rate down but I put a call into my heart doctor just because. He told me to only take half of Bp meds because he felt like I didn't really need it because it thinks it's all aniexty related. I go in for an echo on the 25th (which feels forever away). I take .5 Xanax but it doesn't seem to help a whole lot. But ready for answer and I want to stop felling like my heart is going to cause something bad while I'm just think it's aniexty. Sigh
  • Posted

I am the same way myself. I just went to the doctors last friday and had an ekg and two cgeat xrays done, and everything came back okay but the fear is still there. Everyone tells me im to young(im 21) to worry so much over my health but i cant help it. Its hard but try not to think about it too much. Good luck and i hope you feel better.
  • Posted

Anxiety is a horrible thing, ur mind can convince you of anything if you constantly think about it, do you have chest pain while excercising? If not then the chances of it being ur heart are slim, if your echo is all clear which I'm sure it will be that will put your mind at rest x
    • Posted

I haven't lifted weights in years, i just remember the sore feeing (chest) a couple days after. That's so much for the response. It's good to chat with someone who truly understands.
  • Posted

Yeah, but not about my heart. I will feel like im going crazy. It's been like 4 or 5 days since I was able to keep calm. My heart was my main issue today though. I took half an ativan and my anxiety went CRAZY my heart rate jumped around and reached around 145
  • Posted

Chest tightness, heavy feeling and racing heart are common anxiety symptoms, I get them too and they are very unpleasant.

Have a look at the breathing exercises on the relaxation exercises page on this website, they can be helpful.

If it is very bad then your GP can prescribe beta-blockers (propanolol), or diazepam. I found them both helpful for the physical symptoms, but the propanolol made me feel tired and depressed after a while.

The diazepam helps reduce anxious thoughts too and helped me feel calm and get on with things, but can be addictive so GPs can be reluctant to prescribe.

I found taking diazepam for just a couple of days a week was helpful and did not make me tired.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.