Health Anixety/Chest Tightness

Posted , 4 users are following.

I hate having healthy anxiety, I'm constantly feeling like something is wrong with me. I'm always checking my body to make sure I'm okay, and if I see even the littlest mark, I think something is wrong. It's like I know in reality I'm fine, I just can't get my mind to shut it off. For the past week, I've been having chest tightness/pressure and soreness. It's in the middle of my chest, but sometimes moves to the left side. I feel like my heart is either beating to fast or barely even beating. It makes me feel like I'm having or going to have a heart attack and die. It's gotten to the point where I'm scared to do anything, even sleep because I'm scared I'm going to die. I've also noticed I have to stop and catch my breath a lot. I've been on a diet and have been doing the same workouts for two months, and for the past week, I've been struggling to catch my breath while I do them. I just want to feel normal. Is this anxiety or something else? Does anyone else feel like this?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I have the same problems for 2 months and I had a panic attack yesterday..I went to the er and got a ekg done and it came back normal.. I thing the same thing..I really hate it I just want my life back..but your not alone
  • Posted

Oh man. Tell me about it, I'm going through the exact same thing right now. I spent a night this week waking up at 3:00AM-ish and had an anxiety attack and contemplated calling an ambulance because I thought I was dying. Then, last night, I woke up almost once an hour, in a panic, convinced I was sick and going to die. This is all part of anxiety, and it's terrible. 

But it can get better. 

I had severe anxiety for 2 years and I was able to beat it for almost 5 years (so close!), but I relapsed in mid-december. The bright side is that I know what anxiety is now, and I know that I can beat it again, and this time, it shouldn't take me 2 full years to do it.

Keep your head up. Remember the times when you were happy, and remember this feeling. Hold onto it and strive to be happy again. Set this as your benchmark, and you can do it. 

All the best.

• Posted

Thanks for reaching out! But I'm glad you beat anxiety and I have faith that you can do it again. Thanks for the advice, I'll definitely try what you said.
  • Posted

You are not alone. I have ailmetms and when they act up is horrible. 
  • Posted

I have the same feelings as you I get chest tightness and left arm pain also get other pains and sensations but have convinced myself there is something wrong with my heart even tho I've had ecgs and blood tests. Docs put it down to anxiety aswell

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.