Health anixety or am I ill??

Posted , 4 users are following.

for 6 months I have had a pain in my lower right stomach bowel area, after a lot of googling I got myself convinced I had bowel cancer, I went through a phase of about 6 weeks of going to the doctor twice a week and they keep saying its health anixety, I also get shortness of breath and have started getting chest pains and a lump feeling in my throat again the doctors keep saying its health anixety and to stop googling, I feel very alone and feel like the doctors are missing something, I'm convinced I have bowel cancer which has now spread to my lungs. Has anyone else ever felt like this? 

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Hello Karen,

I too used to be convinced I had bowel cancer, because I got awful stomach aches-turns out eating less gluten got rid of that problem completely!

And I also get the lump in the throat feeling now and was convinced that it was a tumour in there, it's a pretty common anxiety symptom which I have noticed I only get when I'm feeling anxious! It actually goes away when I calm down so please try not to worry yourself!!

Do you ever get pains throughout what feels like your limbs? I'm experiencing this at the moment and terrified that I have luekemia

I hope that you find comfort in the fact that I have experienced the same symptoms as you and I have been tested and I am absolutely fine! Xx

• Posted

I feel like I'm in a vicious circle....i don't want to take any medication for this but want it to go away, I am currently seeing a councillor but it really doesn't seem to be helping, have you taken anything for your anixtey? 
    • Posted

No I don't like the idea o taking medication as I don't wan to get hooked on it!

I have brought some tapes to listen to as I fall asleep, learnt to meditate and I've got some aromatherapy oils that are good for reducing anxiety which have all been really good for me, but I have a swollen gland you see and it's really playing on my mind.. It's been there for months now :-( x

• Posted

Hi Karen I have health anxiety and I feel the same.I went to A&E 3 times in a week had blood ,tests x-ray,heart checked everything normal but still have chest pain nausea. feeling ill.Still thinking i have something the doctors didn't find
    • Posted

Hi Cristina, do you experience any pains in your limbs at all?

Like your bones are aching x

• Posted

I know it's hard and easy to say but you have to trust the doctors and feel reassured since you have had lots of tests done and everything was normal try to focus on that rather thinking something is wrong, this is what people tell me and I do try but I totally get where your coming from as I'm the same!!
    • Posted

I try I have been an anxious person whole my life but know I reached the highest level of anxiety. I just start citalopram and the side effects make me feel worse
    • Posted

I have generalised anxiety and like many others I was convinced it was something else .....I get a sever pain in my shoulder blade to the point I can hardly breath it starts as soon as I wake and pain relief does not shift it sometimes it feels like it's my muscles and other times it feels like my bone i also have the lump in my throat and the choking feeling....after months of trying lots to get rid (unsuccessfully) I started citalopram and the symptoms are easing....for me this was the right decision as It was starting to affect my work etc and I was convinced it was something else.... I was in a vicious circle that didn't seem to be ending xx
    • Posted

Do you get any side effects from taking this medication? Whenever I take any medication now I seem to also get a sort of panic attack about what it will do or how it will make me feel, then I seem to get all hot, dizzy and feel sort of 'out of my body' I know that sounds really weird but it's the only way I can explain it x 
    • Posted

I am not a fan of taking medication for anything but my anxiety had me in grips and it was a terrible place to be I was having 4 panic attacks a day and suffered terrible side affects...I tried to 'fix' it through diet, exercise and I practiced mindfullness but it got no better and it was now affecting every aspect of my life, my struggle was morning to night I got no let up and was trying to work fulltime so I decided to try I've a fantastic gp who I've attended every week from December (and still do) and not once did she force anything on me it was my choice. I started on 10mg and was on it for 4 weeks I had severe anxiety anyway so I can't honestly say it was side affects I felt and after 4 weeks I started to see gaps in the anxiety symptoms and attacks I'm now on day 7 of 20mg and the pain in my shoulder blade has almost gone I'm still not 100% symptom free but I think I'm on the right track......my attitude about meds b4 I started was no thanks but I'm now in a better place and life is for living so if this medication helps me live it then why not 
    • Posted

Thank you for taking the time to write and tell me about what has helped you, I am definately now going to consider seeing my gp and medication, thank you 
    • Posted

Hi Karen  I know the symptoms you talk about.I panick aswell when I  have to take any medicine.Hot flushes ,fast heart rate ,scared...Now I started a treatment for anxiety with Cit 10mg.Still worried and anxious about side effects but hope it will work.I do CBT aswell
    • Posted

U are welcome I hope it helps u make this anxiety is a bugger 😁

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.