health anxiety ???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone  please  can someone help me I'm getting  married  next week and for the last 3 month my stress / anxiety  has been high I have also sold house which is added stress but I have developed  a new symptom  that I'm convinced myself it can't possibly  be stress related  and now I'm not looking forward  to my wedding / honeymoon as I'm convinced  I'm dieing  of some awfully illness.... I have has patches of really sensative  skin to touch no marks or redness even clothes rubbing on it or bed sheets make it tender kinda feels like sunburn. and also my legs and feet ache not even day but at least  2 times a week I wake up and my feet hurt to stand up and legs are sooooo tight they  ache. Please can someone reasure me or have been through  this to put my mind at ease I'm tired of thinking  about it every second  of every  day!!! 😣

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sally..hun,you are not dying.

youve been stressed to the max arranging your wedding,probably running your home and whatever else in your life. Not that you should be able to sit back and relax the enormity of it all has probably hit you like a ton of bricks...At a time when you where exhausted,anxiety has taken a hold and pinpointed your health. Probably because you are a little worrier over your health normally.

You need to get your anxiety under control and the thoughts of your health will slowly diminish. Anxiety caused this thought. It's just a thought but each time you have it,your anxiety rises and you assossiate that thought with your feelings of anxiety.

YouTube do some great guided meditations. Why not give them a try for a few days xxx

• Posted

i no how you feel the anxiety attacks are horrible i suffer really badly from fear and things that havnt happen yet and think ive got cancer and ill and on alot of medication its awful
    • Posted

Hello Susan.

I am suffering too but one thing I know is that it's your anxious mind creating these thoughts while you where probably run down and vulnerable. They are all anxious thoughts..They are not true but because they come with feelings of anxiety..you believe it means something else.

You need to do everything you can to deal with the anxiety. Each time a thought comes into your mind,tell it..that's not true...it's just a thought created by anxiety and because I'm frightened of it,anxiety takes a grip.

I know you are scared but please don't be. Deep in your mind you know that these thoughts are only there because of anxiety. It won't happen over night but eventually these thoughts will lessen and you will see clearly these thoughts for what they are xxx

• Posted

im trying too but easier said then done when all thoughts running threw my head fearing this and fearing that i dont even know what im fearing to be honest but the feelings inside is so real guilt seems someone has died or like taken a driven test its so so hard i worry about everything even think my work friends are laughing at me its so so hard i would do anything to take a perfect pill to take it all away xxxx
  • Posted

Hi Sally

You're not dying my love, you are just anxious and stressed.  Your feet and legs hurt because when we are stressed our muscles go into spasm and contract and it leads to all sorts of aches and pains.  Honestly I could write a book with my symptoms over the years.  I've gone through every fatal illness there is out there!  

I know it's hard but take some long walks, practice deep breathing before it all gets out of control and for gods sake enjoy your wedding day!  I've been a lifelong sufferer of anxiety and depression and it's hard work.  You're going to be fine xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.