Health Anxiety.

Posted , 4 users are following.

I posted about this a couple days ago, again, I might add I'm also on flagyl, and everything I read on that drug has been bad and everyone says don't take if it all possible.

Anyways,

I'm been having weird feelings in my face, but it started out as a numbness that went from my right temple, to cheek, to ear, and I took myself off the medication in fear of it was a side effect, but I went to my closest girlfriend, and she said what if you have a brain tumor... ever since, I googled stupid stuff, and I know I shouldn't but its been on my mind nonstop since. In july I thought the same thing because I started getting tension headaches and never had them, but went to my doctor and he calimed me down a lot and didnt even think about it until my friend brought it up.

I have tension in my head, pressure, tension in my neck, can't seem to focus, feeling like im going to get sick and still have the weird feeling in my face but goes from side to side, I also am going to add I have a sinus problem for over a month now, and I'm sure thats why I've been feeling a lot of this, but why all of a sudden could I get so much health anxiety and worry... I never had this problem with my anxiety until now.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I also went to my doctor about this problem of the weird feeling in my face and ear, and he thinks its just anxiety and even said if it was a brain tumor, so much more would be happening, idk why i cant calim down
    • Posted

Same as well with occasional ear ringing. 

Best thing I've found is distraction and long meditating hot showers or making food to eat. 

• Posted

Hi.....I was certain i had a brain tumour as all last year i had symptoms...dizzy il etc....i nerver founf out till recently all the symptoms of depression and anxiety!!!...i thought i was truly ill. the fact that my mum died from a brain tumour 15 years ago didnt help my worries. one of the things my doc said that if my eye test was ok then i didnt have a tumour as they can tell something going wrong from that. plus mymum never had any symptoms i have. i just needed answers...whay was i feeling like i was.....and its all depression or anxiety or both. trouble is our brain feeds on stuff like this and so does our anxiety. even if you could have everything checked on our bodies by some future high tec equipment and given the all clear we would still think there was something wrong with us. thats what its all about......we cannot believe that out minds...depression anxiety  etc etc can give us all these weird and horrible symptoms that affect our lives so much...so we carry on trying to convince ourselves it is something!.  i woke up this morning with a numb and 'dead' arm.....all came back to normal after pins and needles.....i had been lying on it wrong....BUT the first thought i had.....yes.....im having a stroke!. as to your friend.....maybe she should keep her diagnosis to herself lol....see we latch onto anything rather than believe its all through dep and anx. relaxing and meditation etc etc must help...i must try it. i do hope you feel better......we all WILL at sometime in the future....its just keeping calm in the meantime!. xx

• Posted

also forgot to add....are these side effects of tablets? people have different reactions. to read the enclosed leaflet or not??!!......after reading mine i have put off starting taking my citalopram till after xmas. sorry my messages are long!. but this is a good site....to get reasurance from others in the same situation...but we must remember we are all different and might affect us differently. x

• Posted

I think my friend only said that because her best friends little sister just died of one. She was 15 and her freaking out didn't help lol I know deep down I don't have one. But still I worry. I love that your messages are long. It helps reading everyone's experience smile in sorry about your mom.. And I know that didn't help matters any either on your part. Once I heard about the the 15 year old I startes freaking out more when I shouldn't of. But I read on another forum people feeling this way on flagyl and that is does nothing but mess you up while on it.
    • Posted

oh dear...thats such a shame re your friend. its a good example of how when something happens like this it can trigger so much in people without them realising it. like you say....underneath we know we are ok.....but that doesnt stop us behaving like we must have every illnes going! lol.   i was so shocked when i first came on her how many people suffer from the same things...how many have had mri's...ecg's been to cardiologists etc...its amazing. i really think stress has so much to answer for...it causes us so many problems....half the time without us knowing. about 7 years ago i lost 2 jobs due to stress from one of them....it  caused me really bad dizziness/ balance that made me feel so sick...i couldnrt even drive...it lasted about a year...had all ear tests etc they found nothing....looking back im certain it was stress that caused it. it is always comforting and a help to be on here though...i have learnt so much....sometimes more than i needed to know! lol. but it does help to know other people are going through simelar things. if you are at all worried about your meds do get in touch with your doctor just to double check....although i think a lot of people on here know more than they do!. if you have come off your meds.....could it be a side effect until it gets out of your system?
    • Posted

It was like a weight lefted off my shoulders when I found this website. Knowing so many people feel 110% how i do. I no longer feel alone. My mom  had bad anxiety and panic attacks, so i tried to always go to her, but it seems to be a bother now and she doesnt seem to understand, so I'm glad people on here do!

Lately, since October, I've been so stressed out, so much in my life going on and I feel like parts of it coming back together, but still finding out a lot of stuff I wish I hadn't.

I'm sorry about your jobs but yeah stress takes a lot out of you. I hope its better for you now.

After i stop taking these antibiotics I'm going to start this new medication my doctor gave me to help and try to get my life back.

I heard some people say it takes like 2-28 days to get medication out of your system so im not sure when or if itll subside.

• Posted

Hi Victoria, I was and I'm still going through this. I had all the symptoms you have listed also.. How long have  u been getting them for? Do you get them all day and g everyday? I just got a brain scan because my doc said it would be good to put my mind at rest.. which it has subsided the symptoms a little but not made them go away. I'm sooo over feeling like this sad
    • Posted

This head pressure and tension for about a week now. I felt the numbness then all this. I went to my doctor after feeling the numbness and he said he didn't think it was anything serious, but yesterday, I started my new Job and all day, I tried to ignore it because I have to learn something I never have before, and I felt pressure on top, and now the left side of my head. I went to my mom who's an rn and told her about it and she wants me to go get my brain scanned too. She evem thought it could be something serious but she knows my anxiety and she thinks it could very we'll be that with stress. This morning I don't feel pressure yet, but a weird full feeling in the bak of my head which I've felt before but it still scares me. I may just call my doctor tomorrow and see what he says but and go

To a neurologist... I'm so scared it's much more than anxiety and that its a tumor.. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.