Health Anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I do a lot of reading and I googled health anxiety and it's a real thing. I definitely have anxiety about my health. I read an article talking about people who pay attention to every symptom they feel and then they stress out about it and it makes it worse. I was just curious what people think? My dizziness started about 9 months ago and that is when I got online and read every single article about dizziness, fatigue, light headed and fast heart rate. I have learned a lot including I stress about it too much. Kind of a vicious cycle.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I have bad health anxiety. Every symptom or going to he doc will send me panicking, I have MAV and fir the past 16 months it been bad with the dizziness and all the sensations I have each day. It awful not to feel good most of the time. It is a viscous cycle and it's hard to break. Waking each day and checking for symptoms makes it a sad life.

• Posted

I do to Patty. I try so hard to stay calm but it's really hard! I have been losing my potassium and I googled it and it is very scary. I have blood work done every few days to have it checked. Has your doctor figured out anything with your dizziness?

• Posted

Nice screenname!  Thank goodness I never get anxiety when I have vertigo. I try not to let illnesses control me. A quick call to my doctor for some meds wait a day or 2 for the dizziness to subside and I'm good to go.  My suspicion is that people who get anxiety develop a form of stress that they don't know how to handle. Guess I'm not the type that's going to wait for an ENT or a Neuro Otologist to tell me what I have when I know what it is, as diagnoozed by my doctor, and my doc can order anything I want for it. It doesn't happen very often so it's not like I'm a life long sufferer of it.

• Posted

What medicine do you take? I have talked to a lot of people and no one has ever said that medicine has helped. I tried meclizine months ago and it didn't do anything for me.

• Posted

It's good to hear it works for you! So many people have said it didn't. Maybe I didn't take enough because even low doses made me tired.

• Posted

It will make you sleepy. I took the lowest dose also, and it didn't seem to bother me. Hope you find something that works for you.

• Posted

That's why I usually stress that sorting the stress in life and going on free stress courses if you live in the UK which the  Health In Mind do via your GP, could assist you. Improved comprehension of stress and ways to relieve it can not do any harm.

• Posted

I just started reading about how bad stress is for you. I live in Washington by Mt. Baker. It is very beautiful here. For relaxation I used to go hiking. But now I am scared to go. I have only gone hiking once since my symptoms started 9 months ago. This site has really helped me. Just knowing there are others suffering with dizziness helps me not feel so alone in my struggles.
    • Posted

Just get out and walk, seeing nature, walking preferably with a friend is wounderful, get out there and plan your sleeps pre and post it. I always feel so much better, hope it works with you too
  • Posted

Join the crowd it is a vicious cycle and hope we can all find a way to get rid of the anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.