HEALTH ANXIETY!!

Posted , 3 users are following.

I’ve had healthy anxiety pretty much all my life i’m 26 years old but the past year it has been on a different level! i think it’s probably because i’m getting older and things can go wrong in the body and because i’ve partied so hard since i was about 18 i’ve taken drugs drank and smoked! Also because i do have so many symptoms that i have been to the doctors about numerous times and had blood tests urine test ekg monitor. all came back fine apart from ekg which was normal but had begign palpitations which he said was nothing to worry about. My symptoms are mad bowel movements like all different colours, diareah, loose, thin blah blah you name it! doctors said ibs though but i just am

not convinced i’m convinced i’ve got bowel cancer or pancreatic cancer or liver or kidney failure! Not only that though i am constantly checking my heart beat and pulse and i am scared i’m just gonna have a heart attack at any moment! especially when sometimes my heart sounds weird or sounds softer like harder to feel or beats too hard. My hands and feet tingle but mainly on my left side so i think i have neuropathy or something wrong with my brain or a blood clot or something! i even went to the doctors thinking my eyes were yellow and i was convinced they were yellow! everybody was looking at me like my family and friends like i was a weirdo telling me they wasn’t but i was convinced they was! it’s acutally mad! also my muscles in my legs, arms and anus twitch but they twitch randomly and all over! my stomach twitches too and i often get a sharp pain in the right side of my chest but it feels more like it’s in my pec muscle! i’ve got a bruising feeling on one of my vertebrae’s but can only feel it when i bend down or lean back which convinces me with my other symptoms it’s the tumor pressing against it. i have constant burps, flatulence and hiccups most of the time too! i have health anxiety i know i do but surely all of

those symptoms can’t be caused by it? i just feel like i’ve got something wrong but the tests showed i was fine. i eat healthy all the time plus i go to the gym and i’m in good shape even though i have partied hard throughout the years! it’s getting that crazy though i’m even feeling my ribs see if one sticks out more than the other or my neck thinking one side hangs lower than the other! i went to the doctors thinking i had a lump under my ear in my neck and he couldn’t even find one lol. i also urinate loads too which make a me

think i’ve got diabetes, always hearing mad sounds in my body! i know i’ve got health anxiety but what if i’ve also got a physical illness that the doctors have missed i just dunno 

2 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jak, I'm 32 and in the same boat I to enjoyed my younger years 😁 I had a breakdown 2 years ago it's left me with severe health anxiety. From the outside looking in it's easy for me to say you have health anxiety as how could you possibly have all those things wrong with you and no one has spotted it. But I no how all these "illness" you have feel so real at the time. When I had a breakdown I convinced my self it was a brain tumour to start with. Then I kept ringing the doctors convinced I had cervical cancer I even watched my tummy grow in the mirror ?? Then I thought I had ovarian cancer even though I had bloods and ct scan to confirm not. I have a kidney stone which I am terrified of turning in to sepsis and the past couple of days I'm going back to having cervical cancer. It's he'll. What I have learned from my breakdown is anxiety does so many things to your body that you think is not possible. Going for a wee all the time is one blurred vision, feeling of balance, spots in vision . Anxiety tricks your mind in to these things and the more you convince yourself the more you believe. This is starting to take over my life I'm so scared of getting all these and dying but it's all so stopping me from living. I don't see away out of it as I live in fear 😮 sorry this prob didn't help much but hope some one on hear can help? Anxiety all so gives you loose bowels and I have IBS that was one of the reasons of my breakdown because I was starting to become house bound because I would always need the toilet. All's I needed was a IBS tablet everyday xx

• Posted

than you for your reply verity! 😀 i have read that anxiety can cause loads of mad physical symptoms but i am just thinking how is this even possible! it genuinely causes the same symptoms as some serious physical illness! i know i shouldn’t google but i do all the time and every time it’s cancer this cancer that or heart problems lol and i believe it every time i have panic attacks after reading them genuinely believing that’s it i’m gonna go doctors have tests and there gonna confirm i am terminal! like it feels so so real i can’t even believe how it can feel this real genuinely believing i have these and that’s it! it’s crazy! i am probably doing more harm to my body with all the feeling i’m doing constantly checking my neck pulse to squeezing my bowles and my chest to see if there’s any lumps or anything pressing on my spine and back to see if any there too! it sounds so crazy that i’m even doing ridiculous things like comparing my ribs on both sides and thinking there not symmetrical! i mean who even does that? lol it drives my family and girlfriend insane and they sometimes think i am attention seeking or doing it for a laugh but inside it is actually killing me and ruining my life! i honestly don’t think people like us can get better either because it’s just how our brains are unfoetunelty! i think we could maybe get a bit better and manage it better but i don’t ever believe we can ever get over it ?? i keep getting trapped burps and i’ve just googled that and first thing i saw was heart attack or heart problems it’s driving me insane! with my heart obsession sometimes it feels weaker and more feint and other times harder but i did have that 24 hour ekg so surely that would have picked up something if it was bad. I do want to get help but i just don’t know where to start or what will be the best treatment! i have got some anti depressants in the cupboard which i’ve taken for a week and it did make me feel better however i just don’t like the fact that i have to take meds to feel normal! sort of like i’m in some sort of denial sometimes or something i dunno so confusing and draining lol 

• Posted

hi verity with ibs is it normal to have constant burps and trapped burps, hiccups, diareah most the time and always needing the toilet, stomach twitches and spasms, anal spasms, and mad looking stool like thin, mushy, dark brown, light brown, white and black hard bits, undigested food and nausea? lol 
  • Posted

Also I get the tingling feelings in my arms and legs you need propanolol from your doctor to stop your heart racing. And a anti depressant they are not just for people who have depression but also anxiety. They honestly saved my life. Also I'm only 3 weeks into it and it's the best thing for my mind it's really helping, going swimming 3 times a week x

• Posted

i think i am just gonna have to start taking my meds again and stick to them properly this time and see it through! with your anxiety also sometimes does it make your leg muscles feel like stiff and weak sometimes? 
  • Posted

This is what anxiety does to your body...your mind is tricking you. I am a mental health counselor. Your experiencing physical symptoms because you can't relax your mind. I think you have a generalized anxiety disorder. Since your constantly worrying. You just have to relax.

• Posted

yea your probably right about the generalised anxiety disorder because it’s not just health anxiety i worry about i worry about everything! even pathetic little things, always think the worst and constantly thinking negative, need to change i can’t keep living like this else i am just gonna have a massive breakdown or something eventually and surely all of

this worrying can’t be good for my health anyway can it. i just can’t seem to

switch the thoughts off! they are flying at me all day every day it’s actually hell! 😫

• Posted

Don't start your meds without going back to the doctor and ask for propanalol which helps heart rate and worry. We're your side effects not really bad for the first week on the anti depressants? You are obviously ill so you need them to make you better. I have been told I need them for the rest of my life. You need to take them or you will have a breakdown like me there is only so much your body can take before it can't cope. And believe me the breakdown is a lot worse I spent a year in bed only getting out to get in a ambulance. My legs would not move I told the first doctor who came out to me I could not lift my legs he threw a box of diazepam at me and said anxiety. So yes it does do things to you legs. Please get help these tablets won't get rid of it completely but they do help a lot and make it better to deal with. Everything you have said I have experienced. Xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.