Health Anxiety

Posted , 6 users are following.

I am a 38 year old woman who has had health anxiety since about 2002.  I take medication and thought I'd cracked it as I changed my life and for the last 6 months I have had no bouts of it at all...  Forward onto this week and its come back completely out of the blue.  The worry, the feeling of dying, being scared, the what if's, the constant prodding my body.....  the upset.  Its got me so down and I hope its not the start of a new anxiety spiral.  has anyone else had a large period of time without worry and then - wham straight back where you were all that time ago?

Thanks.

Louisex

1 like, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Posted

Louise

This happens to me all the time. One minute i am flying high and the next i am low. Right now i am heading into a low period. I am going to go along and see my doctor, cos i am certain that i suffer from SAD. The days are getting dark and wet and i know i need help. I have always managed without medication in the past.  I try and take up a new hobby and i have applied for several new jobs and i had to leave my last job due to stress. I am a complex and mixed up person which i freely admit too. So louise i do know just what you are going through but we are all different and each and every one of us is special and need different approaches. I wish you well but i would go along and have a word with your doctor and try and get something sorted out that works for you. Good luck. xx

• Posted

Thanks Sandra,

I find it all so infuriating, as I know I'm worrying but can't stop it....  

I have booked an appt with docs and will try and have a chat with them about how the feelings have returned.....  

Coping mechanisms are good, but I find that a lot of the time I get overwhelmed with my thoughts and can't do anything but sit and worry....

• Posted

Thanks its not sad I lived next to beach in Spain for years not now and now I'm got great partner and could have more but this is just destroying all every day same for me hope u get your path goodnluck
    • Posted

Of course how can you not worry I do so that makes you down too if you have an illness that is visible and can treat it is OK but this is dark and invisible only we know and others who suffer so its soul destroying worry makes you sick so ? Hope u get there
  • Posted

Lou maybe ur body got use to the drug or dose have ask our doc what are you on and how much ? And what where your symptoms and for how long I'd love 6 months feel good lol no really ask doc see that's the trouble with drugs lasting affects differ good luck
    • Posted

True Nick, I've been on Prozac 60mg daily for about 6 years.  It has really helped me so I'd hate to have to come off it...,, apparently Prozac is supposed to be better for OCD type problems.  Does anyone have any suggestions for other meds?
    • Posted

No I don't but we end up googleing all but makes you confused ask ur doc or wait on here from someone with odd good luck shame we need any meds
    • Posted

I take Zoloft which helps for my fear of health concerns and I take ativan as needed for anxiety. They both seem to work plus I read a lot and take hot baths in lavendar Epson salt. 
  • Posted

i suffer from it really bad ive got it now and on all sorts of medication i need some help it has gone for a while and then it comes back ive had it again for a year what medication are you on sue
  • Posted

what medication are you on i could do with some help
    • Posted

I am on Prozac which has been really good until lately.  I also take Valium when I need an extra boost of anti anxiety.  I am going back to the docs on Friday to see if there is anything else I could try meds wise.  Hope you are ok?  What are you on?
  • Posted

I just looked it up and one of the side effects are suicidal thinking so maybe another drug would be better.  I should get a medical opinion to check what is right for you.

Richard

• Posted

Hi Louise, i am 41, single parent with 7 yr old.  I am not on medication at the moment but have been in the past .  I have just got anxiety and  HA back again for the 4th time in my life. The last time was maybe 6 yrs ago? First time was 25 yrs ago. I am struggling but have ups and down.  It was triggered by a period of stress and my body challenges me with different symptoms every few weeks just to remind me its stressed too.  The last few weeks have been eye floaters and i am severely strugggling with these.  However before this symptom i was trying to cope using a strategy from a book i read - Paul David - at last a life.  After learning everything about anxiety - i kind of know my body and mind is exhausted and try my hardest to accept what is happening to me as a way of my body coping - shutting down and not really functioning properly - that includes HA too.  It was working but i'm having a bit of a 'blip' but i can't expect a quick fix - i reckon it took about 10mths of stress to get to this.  Have you had a build up of stress in your life? I sort of think your body is so finely tuned to anxiety that it is natural for it to react the way it does and maybe will take a while to change completely.  I hope you're feeling ok today?

Catherine

x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.