Health anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Hi I've been having bad tension headaches for a few days now. I wake up and all

I'm thinking is am I gonna have another headache today, then as the morning goes on it starts.. Worrying that it might be something more serious than just a tension headache 😢

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

• Posted

I too have had a tension headache constantly for ages, also in my face. Turns out I had sinusitis, so perhaps worth getting it checked out. I also have severe health anxiety and sometimes it's hard to know what's real any more but if your concerned, no harm in getting it checked out.
  • Posted

if u didnt check up yet.try it.it will works n makes u calm when u get ur results r fine phyisically.
  • Posted

Hey. I had bad tension headaches for almost a year. My head was hurting practically all the time. It was horrible. It took me a few months to finally get checked out and the doctors didn't find anything. They suggested exercises and to avoid stress (as much as possible). It's possible it's just stress in your case, but if it doesn't get better, it doesn't hurt to do some tests. Hope you feel better soon x
  • Posted

Hi yeah I've been to the doctors and they have said tension and stress, I just keep telling myself if it was anything to worry about the headaches would be all the time,.. Just need to learn not to build stress up, with health anxiety as well u just imagine the worse all the time.. I pick myself back up and then a couple of weeks go by and something happens and the anxiety shows it's ugly heAd.. 😢 xx
  • Posted

Stress can really mess up with your body. It's amazing all the symptoms one can have just because of the stress... The more we relax, the more we think positively, the better it gets. But no matter how hard we try, we will always have days where anxiety gets really bad, but as long as we also have good days, we're on the right path and making progress. One thing that helps me with headaches (luckily now I have them only now and then) is China Oil (to rub on the area that hurts). It also helps drinking a lot of water. Best of luck x
  • Posted

Yeah I trying and drink lots of water.. But never tried the oil, must have a look for that's.. Yeah what the mind can do hey ? Thank u xx
  • Posted

No I haven't ?? Never new it would work? X
    • Posted

What I didn't say is I'm also on blood pressure medication due to so anxious having my blood pressure taken so I get it' high, so got  Home bp machine so when I have a headache I always check it's not because of my bp and that's ok ..it all stems from august last yr I had my 4 child but got so worked up leaving my other children with my mum, and also had in my head that something was gonna go wrong, so worked myself up so much that my blood pressure went high, so then they kept asking if I'm having headaches and I was like no I'm not, but they were checking my bp so much it was making me worse, so now scared of having my bp done, and as soon as I get a headache I think it's because my blood pressure is high 😞 
    • Posted

Oh ok good to  know. Do you have a blanced health diet? Vitamins Bs, C, D and and minerals up? Antioxidants and supplements would be a great idea..
    • Posted

Also herbs and spices. Yes.
  • Posted

I have had this exact same symptom before in the past i sufferent tensiom headaches for about 3 weeks straight thinking i had a brain tumor :-( i saw my gp numerous times and never feeling satisfied with his diagnosis which was always anxiety related headaches, id fimd myself spending hours of the day google searching my symptoms which would always point me to the worst possible conditions i.e brain tumor! Then one day i just stopped worrying i got out with my friends and started abit of counselling and the headaches stopped nd turned out my gp was right all along i didnt have a brain tumor it was anxiety related headaches, but now i suffer new symptoms which cause me to worry it pretty constant and ive learned to live with it, Please reply back if you want to ask me any questions. Xxx
  • Posted

I have had this exact same symptom before in the past i sufferent tensiom headaches for about 3 weeks straight thinking i had a brain tumor :-( i saw my gp numerous times and never feeling satisfied with his diagnosis which was always anxiety related headaches, id fimd myself spending hours of the day google searching my symptoms which would always point me to the worst possible conditions i.e brain tumor! Then one day i just stopped worrying i got out with my friends and started abit of counselling and the headaches stopped nd turned out my gp was right all along i didnt have a brain tumor it was anxiety related headaches, but now i suffer new symptoms which cause me to worry it pretty constant and ive learned to live with it, Please reply back if you want to ask me any questions. Xxx
    • Posted

Hi what did you do different that night out with your friends? smile & what new symptoms arose?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.