Health Anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm so fed up. 

I wish I could go back a couple of years and be the care free teenager I used to be, I used to be so happy and I didn't care about my health. 

Now it's all I think about. 

I get nervous about drinking coffee?! It's ridiculous! I was up until 4 in the morning scared to sleep because I felt like my heart was beating a bit faster then normal. 

I remember my first panic attack 2 years ago after i'd been drinking for a couple of days, I never knew that was the start of a horrible journey of anxiety

I just feel like I need to rant, i'm sick and tired of being scared of things that shouldn't scare me. 

I'm only 19 and i'm convinced i'm moments away from dying, I just want my old self back sad 

I'm hoping joining this forum will be theraputic and help me I suppose. 

Sorry, I'm just getting a bit frustrated with it all now! 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

hi there nicole

sorry to hear that you're not feeling yourself, are you on medication for it, i've suffered with anxiety and depression for years and i'm now on 150mg of sertraline and i'm not one to rant about things being brilliant but sertraline has changed my life, maybe speak to your doctor about these tablets, they are excellent. honestly, i thought i was beyond help i was that bad, some days i couldn't leave the house and all the usual stuff that comes hand in hand with depression and anxiety and since i've been taking these meds, my life and outlook on life has changed dramatically, for the better. i hope you are feeling better soon and keep in touch :-)

• Posted

Hi smile

I'm not on medication no, i'll admit i'm a bit afraid of the side effects... 

I'm going to my doctors next week so i'll speak to her about it. 

Bit nervous as I've never been to the doctors about my anxiety.

Thankyou so much for your comment, I have been considering medication for a while so it's nice to hear other peoples experiences with different ones. 

Thanks again! x

• Posted

no problem, we are here to help you and yes it is good to talk to people that have been in the same places that you've been and it's also good to hear that you are at least considering it, alot of people dismiss medication immediately but we all need a bit of help sometimes :-) there is no shame in that. anxiety is a terrible problem and it only gets worse if and when it's left untreated, same with depression, you need medication to help you with this i believe, telling yourself to calm down and stop over reacting/being silly is not going to work, trust me i know all about feeling like that. good luck for next week :-)

• Posted

It's a long time since I was a teenager but I do know how you feel. Anxiety and depression are very painful and you can get into a spiral whereby worrying about how you feel makes it worse. The hopeless feelings also make you feel worse. Medication can sometimes help you break into the spiral and give you the chance to sort out what else you can do to work your way though it. So do tell the doctor how it's affecting your life. If it's difficult to explain, perhaps you could work out what you're going to say before you go, and write it down? See what the doc suggests, I find most of them want to help - that's why they go into the job! I wish you well and be assured - you're not alone!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.