Health Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I have suffered for years with this disease. I hate it ! My mind takes over and controls my entire life. I always feel i have something horrible and even when given a clean bill of health, I doubt it, I did really well for the last year and half, no panic attacks, or health issues. I felt great and stopped my lexapro for at least 5 months. Recently, my sons young friend was diagnosed with cancer, my sis in law is in final stages of cancer, my daughter had emergency surgery to remove large ovarian cysts, my favorite Aunt passed away, and my cousin in law committed suicide. All this in about a month time. About 4 months ago, i felt a wierd dull pain in pelvic area, i had the full workup, papsmere, pelvic u/s, vaginal u/s, and all was well. When my daughter got sick, i swear that pain worsened 10x and then I develeped all kinds of crazy pains. Went to dr, had a complete physical ran, had a mammogram, and everything was perfect. I still fear i have cancer in my system. My dr and another dr and 2 nurses later assure me cancer markers are present in many blood tests and my dr is hesistant to run any other tests saying she is that sure there is nothing wrong with me. Why wont my head believe this? Also, no negative comments or disagreements with drs would be appreciated as it may trigger a panic attack. Tried effexor for 3 weeks and feel more agitatted may go back on lexapro. Anyone else have these fears? As i said, I have done this many times in the past but this is the longest an most ongoing. Maybe if they could tell me why my dull pain is there, that would help but so far, nothing,...Thankyou and good luck to all

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

It's almost like you are punishing yourself by thinking if they find something wrong with me everyone around me will get better I really feel for you and nothing I can say will help but your doctor has exhausted all avenues so you must have faith it's your mind and it's very very powerful and can make you feel all sorts of pain xxx

please take care xx

• Posted

Thank you. Off to the dr in 1.2 hr to have my check up since being on effexor. Maybe she can beat some sense into me and make me believe. I wanted her to run a test for every blood test possible or cat scan to rule out cancer but she said she cant do that as any abnormalities will show in most normal blood tests and I have no symptoms to warrant. LEts pray for relief. Thank you again
  • Posted

Your having a really bad month, I feel sorry for you and your family.  I hope you find out soon what is wrong with you.
  • Posted

Hi Marla, I had a dull pain in my abdomen for months and this combined with dramatic changes to my periods threw me into a complete panic. I had all the tests you describe above and nothing shows up. I havn't had kids yet and I'm convinced I'm infertile. The tests have calmed me down a lot from where I was but I still can't fully accept there's nothing wrong. It really did take over my life for a while so I know how you feel! Sounds like you've had a terrible run of bad luck with ppl close to you getting Ill so it's no wonder your worrying. I hope you get to the bottom of what's causing the pains. Mine have been much better since my ultra sound tests came back clear so that makes me think maybe it was all in my head after all?! I guess il never know now but it's amazing how much the mind can play tricks on you. Good luck with it all x
  • Posted

I know how you feel, Im always thinking something is wrong with my heart. I have been to the ER 15 times in the last year, had a normal stress echo 2yrs ago, a normal echo in Nov and a cardiac ct with a calcium score of 0. You would think I would be reassured right? Well unfortunately Im not. My mind keeps telling me the Drs are missing something. My PCP even suggested I go see a Psychiatrist, which I did and she gave me some meds and wants me to start counseling. These minds of ours are soo powerful. I hope you find the answers you are seeking and everything turns out well. smile
  • Posted

They are pushing the scar tissue for the cause of the pain. I go back to GYN next week. I had 3 csections, 1 being emergency, and an ablasion. I remember deliveing my last one and the dr saying no more kids as my scar tissue was very very bad and I could hemmorage. Also, after the ablasion the dr told me she cleaned up some scar tissue. I try not to look on the internet at stuff but i did look it up and most of the symptoms fit me. Of course now that I am stressed out again, I have crazy pains all over. ! Thank you for all ths support and well wishes

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.