Health anxiety

Posted , 7 users are following.

Have been suffering from anxiety, mainly about my health for a few months now and it is really starting to affect my everyday life. Please just need some ways I can get rid of it once and for all! I really just want to go back to feeling normal again!

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I am just like you my anxiety started out of nowhere. I'm not a doctor but what has worked for me if you take time to meditate, take slow breaths and realize that if I waste the moment I will never get it back. I find things to focus on in the here and now and try to be appreciative for what life I'm living today. I believe they call it mindfulness. I still get these attacks occasionally but I just stop and breathe and start saying out loud how thankful I am today for today. I don't know if I have helped but please try self-help before you try medications
  • Posted

Alex you and I are the same. I've been suffering from health anxiety since I was 10. I am now 22. I'm obsessed with thinking I have every cancer possible or that I might have a tumor inside me somewhere, the thinking never ends. But let me tell you, within time it gets better. It's important to do some deep breathing and relax. And also yes, distract yourself. I always think I have a brain tumor or something cause of a headache or other weird feeling but when I'm distracted with friends or family the pain goes away.
    • Posted

I try to think of it like this... Death is inevitable and no matter if I locked myself in the house for the remainder of my life Im still going to die. That can be scary if you don't have a belief of what happens when you die so it really does help to develop some sort of spiritual side to yourself. Also I don't want to lay on my deathbed in 5 years or 80 years or tomorrow knowing that I did not live every minute of my ONE life to its fullest. It also helps to read positive books. What you feel your mind with will be your reality. Try this one: "Change Your Thinking, Change your Life" by Christopher Prentiss
    • Posted

I'm the same as this, 1 headache n I hot brain tumour & I really panic I'm scared stiff, wen I get belly ache its they amy or pains in my arms n chest etc,

I try not 2 think like this but it is always there  just wish it wud yo away 😢😢

• Posted

Cheers guys for your replies! For me it is pretty much the physical symptoms making me anxious, mainly getting chest pain and feel I'm prone to a heart attack or bad headaches and thinking a have a tumor. I've had several blood tests this year and checked my heart out and it's all fine, but I need to convince my self that! It's driving with insane!
  • Posted

You wan to get rid of it you need to understand what it is. Learn what is happening between your mind and tour body and visa versa. Cognitive behavioral therapy is the starting point.
  • Posted

I felt the same when it first started but it is not a case of it going away it is dealing with the anxiety.

Try to keep busy and meet little targets. I was so scared one day that I couldn't even go down 2 flights of stairs to put the rubbish in the chute.

If you mix with positive people then it helps but our anxiety will always be with us. It is dealing with it we must.

Best of luck sweetheart

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.