Health Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi there,  I posted a while back regarding what I thought was acid reflux, turns out after having Endoscopy that its stress related, thought I could feel a lump in my abdomen, had a scan and internal scan on ovaries all normal, since january I have been back and forth to my Docs whom I have to say are marvellous they really have put up with alot.  I did have a test for peri in Feb but range came back normal im 47 periods are changing and I generally feel rubbish most days, the aches and  pains are unreal I thought I have some terrible disease back in April bloods done all ok.  Im beginning to think that I am suffering with some sort of health anxiety as one thing gets checked then another pops up and I worry until I see the Dr!! Fed up with it to be honest want to be free from all this stress not worry about my health ehhhhh!! Im sure im not alone in this but feels like it at times sad

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Frankie, I actually thought I was reading about me then..lol, last year I too had a endoscopy exactly the same out come as you stress 😁😁, it's a vicious circle because my stress is all these symptoms that I'm getting, they are freaking me out, I think I have got some thing serious, blood been done all ok, just been for a thyroid one now. They keep saying it's the Peri, I too am 47 years old.
  • Posted

Me too health anxiety through the roof in perimenopause. Im 48 been in perimenopause 8 years. Now the dreaded palpitations are back. I soooo hate them x
  • Posted

I have acid reflux and a lot of stomach issues. I understand how you feel. 

I am feeling sick myself today. I had another nose bleed just feeling weak sick and not myself 

Don't know what to do any more cry

• Posted

Yep this could be me, 48, had the endo a year ago, stress. Still get the acid. Had loads of bloods done, all ok but B12 was a bit low, supplementing that, plus started pilates and when I can yoga.

It is horrid but we have to learn to make the most of it. Trying to tweak my diet to see if there is anything I can remove to make it better. Tried cutting out wheat but that had no effect, tried caffine, no difference. Don't really drink alcohol. May try diary free.

At the end of it I think it is hormones, mine is worse in the second half of my cycle, trouble is my cycle is now very unpredicatable.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.