Health anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

I think I have been suffering health anxiety, what seems to make mine worse is the drs disregard everything I say it has been going on close to a year now, no testing nothing, i feel so alone with this, had som many drs appointments and all say anxiety or can't tell me where the pain is coming from. can anyone give me there phyiscal symtoms they have just tired of feeling alone. x

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi I have health anxiety and my symptoms are headaches daily numbness in head, I've had dizziness, heart palpitations , lump in throat, heart beating hard , chest pain , feeling I can't breath right, god there's so many, I've had enough of it I had this for 2 yrs now, never been on mess for it but think the time has come for me, my worse one is the headaches. X
    • Posted

what is your chest pain feel like, and where is that pain felt, aso I get the not breathing right, how does that feel for you, I do feel like when I take a really deep breathe I have to raise my shoulders too x
    • Posted

It's like a sharpe pain then I get a little pain in my arm , then the panic starts, breathing I feel

Like I'm not getting enough to oxegen , like I have to double breath x

• Posted

Well i totaly understand you. I am passing through the same period. I am constantly alone, refuse to seek help because i am ashamed. I have insomnia, smoke lots of cigarettes and feel dizy all the time. I have also eating disorders and constant headaches. The worst thing is that when i am not feeling sick or anything, i am inventing something. Everyday new pain. That is a very bad period and i can not really concentrate on anything. Please seek for help. It can be just worst
    • Posted

Completley agree with you Joana it is terrible, and like you everyday a new pain or symptom, think I have convinced myself I have lypmoma now, wish I could just go back to being normal and feeling alive again x
  • Posted

I have had a variety of problems but the one that was most puzzling was pain in my feet.  I started having pain daily about 3 years ago.  It got pretty severe and I went to my doctor. I had nerve conduction tests, small nerve fiber biopsy, glucose tolerance test to rule out diabetes.  No conclusive results.  It got to the point that I could not drive my car with my shoes on and had to try to use cruise control continuously so that my feet were not pressing the pedals.  Even socks were tormenting me.  The pain started with the feeling you get after standing for a long time,  then it became burning as well, and after that tingling was added to the mix.  It got to the point that I planned my suicide and attempted it twice.  The second time that I was in lockup there was a doctor that said I had a mental condition that was manifesting itself in a physical response.  In other words, when I get stressed out, my feet hurt.  Now finding a cure, thats a whole new story.  I tried all sorts of meds, some for pain, some for muscle, some for depression, some for other mental disorders, but I found what helped quite by accident.  An anti anxiety medication.  And when I am really stressed I end up taking the max dose per day.  On good days I don't even think about taking them.  Very strange this Health anxiety.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.