Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have really bad health anxiety and as a 15 year old female (FYI, this might be weird to talk about on an anxiety forum but there isn't a forum for this) I have really bad cramping pain in my right side of my abdomen along with the center. It is bearable and not agonizing but it can be painful and irritating. I started my period yesterday. Sometimes the pain goes to the t side but it mainly is in the right. I visited my doctor for antibiotics for a cold I have and she said my stomach sounds normal. I'm really worried it's my appendix and I'm scared it's not actually cramps. They feel better today but still there. Any other female have this before? (Again sorry this isnt exactly all anxiety and it's stomach related but I'm beating myself up over it) If it was my appendix, my doctor said I'd be in serious pain but my anxiety tricks me sometimes and I'm a mess. 😕

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

anxiety tricks me sometimes and I'm a mess. 😕

I think this is your answer. Especially since you saw the dr. Anxiety can make our worst fears feel like they're reality.

• Posted

My cramp pains vary widely rolleyes I think you just have to trust the doctor on this one that it's not your appendix and is simply period cramps.

Hope they ease up soon x

• Posted

Im 15 and i have health anxiety over my heart but now any new symptom i have i will diagnose myself with a lot of different things! I have been recently getting pains/cramps especially in the right side and it doesnt seem normal. When i sat up straight before i got a pain in my lower right abdomen which felt like something was ripping inside of me or something. I really cant stop worrying!♡
    • Posted

I have really bad health anxiety over my heart as well. I had an ecg and blood work done and they said my heart and organs were working great and sent me home with new anxiety pills since mine weren't working. You're cramps, are they in the bottom right side and the center with some kidney pains? I'm freaking out over them even though I'm on my period and I usually get bad cramps.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.