Health anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

I have always been anxious about health and death. Since last summer I have had a fixation relating to my health and I can't get it out of my head. I have seen the doc on a number of occasions, 3 different docs. Had blood tests and ultrasound and all come back fine.

Basically I occasionally feel nauseous and have a slight tummy twinge. Doc thinks it's all linked to stress but my health anxiety will not let me believe this.

I have counselling and a supportive network around me but just can't get through it this time. Really not sure what to do.

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to trust your Doctors and understand they all cannot be wrong, you then need to understand your body is dictating to you for more tests.

All your symptoms are anxiety and you need to move on, if you are haiving Counselling they should be giving you different suggestions to help you take control your fears, you have friends and family that want to help let them.

You need to understand and trust those who are trying to help, sad to say there is no easy way, That easy way is you

BOB

• Posted

Thanks BOB I'm working on it, some days better than others. Thanks for your proactive words they mean a lot

K

• Posted

Early days only had 3 sessions with a counsellor but I think it will help but may take a bit of time. Trying CBT so yes I have to have self motivation to practice what's been suggested which can be a struggle some days but I think I'm starting to see the light...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.