Health Anxiety

Posted , 4 users are following.

at the moment im at my lowest i suffer from health anxiety the doctors changed me onto sitraline 50mg i took it for a month then he upped it to 100mg well i have never felt so bad in my life my heart was racing skipping beats i felt dreadfull was convinced there was something serioudly wrong with me. i went to hospital they said it was probally my meds . I have had an ecg both at the hospital and my doctors all ok yet i cant seem to get it into my head. The doctor is gradually weaning me off them but i dont know how much longer i can take feeling like this crying all the time. I have no interest in anythink even my grandchildren.. i feel worse every morning when i wakeas the day progresses i feel slightly better but its getting so i dont really want to be here anymore. I just want to go to sleep and not wake up i worry my health so much please im i going mad

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

i hope you feel better soon its wo horrible i was on sertline and made me feel worse all my joins where hurting i couldnt move out if bed for days i really thought i was going to die! what symtonms are you having? my anxiety has gone much better since i come of medication but still having really bad chest pains

• Posted

i feel shaky and my heart races my stomach hurts to and get diareah to im so fed up. I went to the doctors because i was feeling so low he changed me onto sertraline but its an awful medicine i have just today cut down to 25mg as doctor told me to im dreading what will happen how did you get on coming off this awful medication

• Posted

HI  Im so sorry your going thru this ! I Have had anxiety depression most of my life . IM also tired all the time , no matter what I do . IN my forties I Finally had to resort to meds . I take celexa and klonopin but I dont think the celexa works anymore !! IM now 64 and this crap really holds me back . I also do not see my Grandkids much and I feel like such a failure . I am in the house most if the time and I AM A WIDOW . So everything I do is up to me . SO I get it , health phobia is horrible it comes with the panic attacks ! IM always convinced I have a terminal illness . BUT Ive been to the DRS more then most people . A year and a half ago I had a complete physical and eeg and Mri , Heart tests cat scan . I Had a head injury . I also had a horrible Dr that liked to run as many tests as she could for the insurance money !! I HAD 3 EKG !! AND ECHO Cardio gram . ALL normal . Now Im convinced I HAVE something else . It never stops . I have four Grand children , ,and I HAVE NOT BEEN in their lives much . I WISH I had another person to talk to on the phone . So we could relate to each other !! GOD bless . Sorry IM writing from Iphone and it stays on upoer case unless I CATCH IT 

• Posted

i feel for you. i have had this anxiety depression for five years. tried every drug, made me worse. sleep bad. think theres something else wrong. dr says no. i have diazepam for anxiety but im sure its not doing much good. i dont do normal,things. my grandkids hardly see me and i find it hard when they come. this is not a life. dr says i should try without meds but when i did i got worse. trying another one now, feel worse. dizzy so a walk is out. what is there for us? HAVE YOU HEARD OF transcranial stimulation. its new and people say it works. i would try anything

• Posted

i am 60 and im so fed up im constantly crying. Today i have dropped from 50mg sertraline to 25mg as doctors told me to. I am so scared as to what the symtoms will be i need off this horrible medication

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.