Health anxiety

Posted , 3 users are following.

cant explain to anyone in the world what this feels like including my family members who suffer from a similar conditions. i cant enjoy anything in my life because my head automatically will find a negative. for example i play alot of football but every time i step onto the pitch i feel that at any moment i could have a heart attack. I also worry about having issues that although i find really unlikely to happen feel will happen to me. i dont want to contact a doctor as i feel i am wasting their time and regardless the words they give me are short term reassurance. i have completed CBT and now await a second set of sessions but this is not helping. .i the only person in the world that feels this condition is untenable for the rest of my life. 🥺

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Anxiety does makes us believe we are always worse than anybody else, but this is simply not true, it is because we are so self-focused.

Let me guarantee you 1000% that there are millions of people out there suffering just the same as you, if not more.

For things to work you have to open your mind and heart to them. Open yourself up to the chance that CBT will work and that way you will have a chance of it working.

Best of luck! You CAN do it!

• Posted

Some days it cripples me but other days, I'll just find comfort in the thought that if that happens to me, then there's really nothing I can do about it.

We are all on the same journey of life. And eventually everyone's gotta get to their destination one day. So try and enjoy the ride.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.