Health Anxiety

Posted , 2 users are following.

I have suffered from health anxiety ever since I can remember. Since the age of 17, I have been on every medication ever made (obviously not EVERY medicine, but you get what I'm sayin!) Over the years I have had multiple ER visits and Dr appointments, tried therapy, breathing exercises...all that and then some. I just turned 40 last year and my question is...when does it get better? Does it ever really go away? The air hunger, the jitteriness, the constant feeling of something being wrong...

It is exhausting.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I'm so sorry that you are feeling this. I had this very same thing in my early 40's. Turned out it was the onset of perimenopause coupled with other factors. In answer to your question the anxiety comes and goes for me. I have done a huge amount of inner personal work on myself to help me understand my responses and help me re-connect parts of myself that I cast aside. If ever the anxiety does pop up again I know I need to do a re-set. For me anxiety is triggered by overwhelm and if I'm feeling overwhelmed I know I need to do some deep rest, but this is hard in the society we live in that constantly pushes growth, so I've had to work really hard at editing my life and stripping it back to give myself time to rest and make friends with myself. I hope you find some solace soon. The work of curing anxiety is a deep one. Sending love to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.