Health anxiety after visiting dentist. Should I be concerned?

Posted , 2 users are following.

I just got crowns down for the first time and it wasn't bad the procedure, the only thing I really dislike is the dental impression which gave me so much anxiety, when the dentist told me to bite down and wait, I was waiting but I had to swallow really bad, while waiting for the mold to harden up and for them to take it out and I was panicking after swallowing while feeling some of that mold touch the back of my throat, after them giving me dental impressions a few times, I talked to one of the assistants about my fear and said if it was okay for me to swallow while the dental impression was still in my mouth and the assistant says I don't need to worry since as soon as they put it on my teeth, it quickly hardens and the material is really thick for accidentally swallowing to be something bad, but my health anxiety is making me still worried, as it feels like something is stuck in my throat, but I'm breathing and talking just fine. I do have bad acid reflux, but I'm really worried if I might of swallowed a lot or some and might end up choking.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I'm an expert at dental issues, I have really soft teeth and spend half my life (hand half my money lol) at the dentists. Don't worry at all, you will be fine. What the assistant said is true. You won't en up choking or anything. it deffo is health anxiety

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.