health Anxiety and depression

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, im really hoping someone can help me or relate to my issues cause it is ruining my life! I am 28 years old and have been suffering with depression for about 5 years now but ever since i can remember i have always worried about death and any symptom i have i convince myself it is serious and worry even more! for the past 6 months i have been at the doctors nearly every week with symptoms that i feel are pretty serious but without doing any checks the Drs reassure me i am fine but how do they know? my latest symptoms are a pain just below my right shoulder blade on and off chest pain and shortness of breath whichh has latest for about 10 weeks. the dr said it was probably a muscular pain and if doesnt go in 3 weeks then come back, that was 6 weeks ago and obviously i went back to any dr that coud see me and they passed if off as muscular aswell because on that perticular day it was better but has since gott worse! so still no checks... i have started getting head aches also which admittedly isnt abnormal they are usually on and off i have also been going deaf in one ear and hearing a high pitched tone, my bones have been aching for a long time too, about 12 months, in my legs i get shooting pains in random places and i feel very weak quite alot like i am about 40 years older than i am! i am classed as obese i am nearly 17 st and 6ft so this could be due to being unhealthy? my diet is normal i would say although i have abused my body with crap. i have stopped smoking but i ocassionally binge smoke, i drink alcohhol and the big one..I take cocaine when i go out. i am not proud of this and it is something i am trying to stay away from as i want to be healthy. about 3 weeks ago something amazing happened and i seen everything in a different light and my depression just went, since then i was positive and everything seemed brighter till about 3 days ago and my depression came back. my home life is stressful, my relationship is stressful so it doesnt help but  nothing has changed except my symptoms in the past 3 weeks so why do i feel like this again? im sorry to anyone reading this i am so complicated i dont even know what i expect to achieve from this i guess i just need people who can relate to talk to really. 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

(* This was a piece of advice someone gave to another on this board and I saved it because it helped me and hopefully it may help you. *)

Obviously, you've got to pull back a bit first, and settle into a stable, sustainable rhythm otherwise you won't be able to direct your energies in a focused manner.

I think we can agree that a strong first step here would be to prioritize your state and mind and equipose over the actual activities that seem so important at any given time. I am not sure what techniques you use in order to relax and get centered but I can tell you what I use... they're really basic but effective!

1) Heart rate variability training/breathing

2) Stretching / yoga

3) Temperature shock therapy (e.g. hot/cold shower, sauna/cold pool)

There are other little things, and some significant mental models which help me stay balanced, but in general I would say tthat acknowledging that working on yourself before commiting to an external endeavour is a strong move.

• Posted

Mast Cell Activation Syndrome is an emerging concept, they can cause a lot more weird problems throughout the body than just nasal allergy reactions.  They are part of the immune system, which ties into the Autonomic Nervous System, which controls many automatic body functions and which can also have problems (Dysautonomia is also an emerging medical area).  If a big dose of antihistamines seems to help with symptoms, then a visit to an allergist up-to-date on mast cell research may be in order, for further evaluation of environmental, food (Celiac), and chemical allergies and sensitivities.  Heart symptoms may need a cardiologist familiar with Dysautonomia.  Anxiety and depression may just be an end result of undiagnosed ANS or immune system problems.
    • Posted

Thank you Jane that was really helpful I will be looking further into this x
  • Posted

And I forgot that magnesium deficiency can cause random pains.  If magnesium supplements cause stomach upset, lotions and soaps containing magnesium can help, also soaking in Epsom Salts.  Magnesium can help with tachycardia and heart palpitations (sometimes used IV in the ER to prevent seizures).  Soda pop is bad at depleting magnesium in the body.  Celiac disease can cause malabsorption problems and the body can't absorb what you eat.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.