Health Anxiety And Ongoing Burning Stomach Pain Thinking I Have Pancreatitic cancer

Posted , 5 users are following.

Have only suffered with health anxiety for the last 8 months after a panic attack thinking I was going to die! Since then I have been in and out of GPS done heaps of blood samples, stool samples and urine test all come back clear, have had many test done on my organs excluding stomach and intestines all have come back clear in about the last 3 weeks I have been suffering a burning sensation in stomach/chest that will not go away even after taking stuff for heartburn! I decided to google my Symptoms and today stumble across pancreatic cancer and could relate to the symptoms Such as stomach pain, sore back, nasuea even checked my eyes and there was a tinge of yellow for left to right not a lot tho and this scared me even more, I’m going back to the doctors on Tuesday for his opinion but I’m super scared as this pain won’t go away and has anyone else ever suffered burning stomach for along time?

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

This will be your anxiety 

You’ll be amazed what anxiety can actually cause 

And very easy to think the worse

I am pretty confident it won’t be anything serious just your anxiety getting the better of you 

You need to deal with the source to put A stop to the negative thinking 

• Posted

Hey Chris

Thank you I have been try to stop negative thinking And calm down but the pain won’t subside at all sad 

• Posted

Hi Jason,  I can totally relate to what your going through & a lot of others can too.

I’ve also had loads of blood test, stool samples, ultrasound on abdomen area & X-ray on lungs. All come back fine. But I’m just waiting for my last stool sample test for IBD, as my stools were like mushy cow pat for just over 2 weeks. But fingers crossed 🤞  it’s returning to normal. 

My eyes are also a little yellow at the bottom but apparently I have Gilbert Syndrome, something to do with the liver can’t break down the Bilirubin or something, so when I’m ill, tired or run down apparently it can cause jaundice on the whites of your eyes or & skin.

So probably want to get that checked by having your blood taken.

It’s not an illness or anything I’ve been told, so don’t worry. But get it checked so you know.

MY anxiety also started when I had a panic attack after my blood pressure dropped in April, & it’s stayed with me since.

I’ve also had back ache upper & lower, stomach pains, chest pains, pins & needles, heart palpitations, feeling sick, unable to eat, weight loss the list is endless. So your not on your own, I’m pretty certain it’s the Anxiety.

It can cause hell of a lot!

My fear is the C word, especially after losing my mother and in law last September with the it, and I always think I have the same. 

The mind is a very powerful thing and can disrupt a lot.

To put your mind at rest go to your Dr tell them how you are feeling & your concerns, so you can put rule anything else.

Then maybe try some CBT, I’ve heard it can help a lot. See if your GP can refer you.

Please do NOT google your symptoms, it’s always bad!! Just like the news on TV it’s never good news.

Try & not worry .

People on here are great, so if you ever need advice or a rant this is the place lol.

Take Care x

• Posted

Thank you heaps really appreciate it I’m going to try my best to keep off Dr.Google and will talk to my doctor tomorrow about every thing cause pain is still going on for 24 hours sad 
    • Posted

Glad to hear it. Dr Google Is very bad!

Hope everything goes well.

Keep us updated x

• Posted

Thank you

I currently am at hostipal cause of the pain to get a blood test done as was feeling really ill 

Will let you know how it goes 

• Posted

Hey Jodie 

I got my blood test back all came back fine test pancreas and sorrounding stuff the doctor advises me I have gastritis that could be causing the issue so just gotta bear with the pain until it fixes itself

• Posted

Well what a relief 😅I know you’re probably in some discomfort but it’s nothing serious. 

Happy for you.

Now try and beat this anxiety!

You can do this xx

• Posted

Thanks Jodie! 

I’m trying to not focus on it because of the pain I’m in haha kinda hard and my thoughts keep straying back to something terrible. 😫

• Posted

I'm the same way, though it's with my heart. I had a heart flutter last night, even though I was laying on my left side, and I've been experiencing slight muscle tension in my left bicep and chest tightness and a 'tugging' sensation when I walk, as well as my legs feeling a bit heavy. I have to keep convincing myself that I'm not going to die if I do anything as far as exercise goes. Like today, I went to the beach for the first time this summer and swam. My heart rate was up there and I could feel it, but I didn't die. Aside from walking and biking that's probably the best cardio I've done in a while.

• Posted

Hey I feel your pain I use to get the chest pains and racing heart and numbing of left arm every night and thought I was going to die!  You will be ok that is for sure smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.