Health anxiety and prozac

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi everyone.. After a one year break from prozac i have just started again.. I have health anxietysad I am now on day 17 and still having hard time for not to think about my health.. This is my first post in a any of a forum but after I see the support here I decided to write.. Hope you guys will give me support too..

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Your body needs to adjust to the medicine all over again this takes time but is worth it

It will be ok try not to stress about your health you're helping yourself by recontinuing fluoxetine

While you adjust to it find ways to keep your mind occupied like word searches adult colouring on paper or apps

Puzzle game apps on your phone I have a game called 94% on my phone it keeps my mind occupied Music is also therapeutic either by listening or playing (learning to play try to find ways to lessen your stress it really helps smile

• Posted

Thank you so much🙏🏻 yes I will now definetely download one of those😊 I was going to gym 5 days in a week but after this health anxiety attacks and prozac story I dont have an urge to continue, (dealing with exercise withdrawal too I guess at the same time😐) hope this will pass too😊 And that will keep my busy..
    • Posted

Keeping a positive outlook is key telling yourself it will get better and really believing that

Here are all the games on my phone

7 words puzzle. Panda pop, 94%, scrabble, wheel of fortune song pop, my Kara , pigment, family feud, fairway solitaire

Also I'm a music teacher and I can tell you that music is the most help for me it's good for the mind and soul

Either by learning to play or just listening to it

• Posted

sinemmenis, what have you done as far as non-drug techniques to deal with your anxiety?  The psych drugs can only do so much and going on and off of them leads to treatment resistance and moving from drug to drug, not a good situation for your nervous system.

There's tons of self-help online. CBT, meditation/mindfulness, tapping, etc.  Ultimately, this is about thoughts leading to distress, and we are able to change our thinking.  I'll send you a PM for some links.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.