Health Anxiety/ Anxiety

Posted , 5 users are following.

Im new to this so please bear with me lol. Around a month ago out of no where i had this sudden urge to frequently urinate only when out and about. It changed my daily life I didnt want to go out if I had too go out I would plan the journey so I was near a toilet at all times. I went to the docto who gave me anti biotics and took a sample. The sample came back fine but the symptons stayed. Around 2 week later all of a sudden I felt very unwell I had a fast heart rate, pains in chest and back, hard to breathe so my partner rung 999. I was taken to hospital with expected sepsis but was told my heart was all fine so were my bloods iI just had some inflammation of the lung and was given more anti biotics. From that day I gave up smoking (20 days non smoker) lol. Anyway sorry to drag on about 3 days after that episode i had a headache on my left sdide was the worst headache I have ever had and woke up with a puffy, darker than normal blood shot eye. Im such a panicker so thought id book an eye test first then go doctors, opticians said its sore as I can see and go doctors to see what they can do. So today I went to the doctors who gave me anti biotic drops and basically just said its congested rolleyes and did not say nothing about the headache I have had on and off for 2 weeks. Today I went too sleep and woke up with a pain in my chest, headache and fast heart rate to the point I could feel it beating out my chest. This lasted for over an hour and I decided to come and lay down and it slowly went but now I am left with an achey pain in my chest. My partner thinks I have anxiety as im a worrier and iI panicall the time. Reading up about anxiety I came across Health anxiety and I just think it shounds like me since this urine problem wether it was an infection or wehter its anxietyu I don tknow but it has now passed. Im just wondering if Im worrying about 1 thing then I find something else too worry about the first thing I was worrying about dissapears if that make sense to anyone? Sorry to drag on.

0 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi ChelseaLouise.

Your urge to urinate when out and about is anxiety, and believe it or not, is common.

Your headache, puffiness and blood shot eye sound migraineous.

The chest pains also sound like anxiety, but it could be coupled with giving up smoking. Some people experience chest pains for a while after quitting.

My advice would be to moniter your headache - does anythong make it worse, when it comes and goes, things like that - and you will get a better idea if it is a migraine or not.

Chat with your doctor if you still have troubles, but i think it's anxiety with quitting smoking, and possibly migraines as well.

I hope you feel better soon.

All the best.

• Posted

Thank you for your reply, yes I think what your saying is right as all sort of come on around d the time I gave up smoking. I have seen 6 different doctors and all don't seem worried so what can I do lol smile

• Posted

You're welcome.

You sound fine, just a little worried; and rightly so. It is your health, after all.

I think you'll find you'll begin to feel better if you try not to worry.

And it really does sound like anxiety.

Don't forget, your body's probably missing the cigarettes, too, and that certainly wouldn't help with the anxiety.

Do keep an eye on your headaches, tho. They could be migraines, in which your doctor can help, but they may also be because you stopped smoking and if so, will most likely stop once your body realises it's not getting what it wants -a cigarette.

Good luck.

Let us know how you go.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.