Health anxiety back, now convinced I have leukemia

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi everyone

It's been a while since I've been on here because I've been doing so well. I got over my MS fear and told myself I was being crazy and the symptoms totally went. and I've been anxiety free for about 2-3 weeks now which has been awesome considering I was anxious every single day.

But it's slowly creeping back in , the health anxiety. I am now convinced that I have leukemia. I don't know what else would be an explanation. I hate this.

- My right lymph node in my neck is swollen and had been for about 2-3 months now. I have no sore throat or anything.

- I have these weird tiny little purple dots on my arms - not many but there seems to be more n more appearing, I think. I dunno I don't trust my judgment anymore.

- very achy bones / muscles or whatever. My shoulder blades hurt loads and my knees. I'm 20 years old and I shouldn't ache as much as I do... Plus with my ahoukder blades it feels like the bone is aching

That's it really. I have no bruising and my blood isn't a funny colour. I cut my finger the other day and It bled for a while but not loads. I have fatigue but I can stay awake and do things. - these are the positives I keep trying to focus on as I am not showing these symptoms.

But it's not working.

Sorry for the rant! X

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi, i suffer with HA too apparently although i have it everyday! I have exactly the same symptoms as u and i have the same concerns. I have been to docs and been told i have a chest infection and the infection has started atfackibg my muscles hence the muscle pains. Having read up on here it seems the symptoms are quite common with anxiety, brcause u are anxious your muscles are tense? X
    • Posted

I know that I tense my muscles a lot and it effects my neck and shoulders the most. But never have I had such painful ahoukder blades, sometime so have to sit down and wait for the pain to go.

God knows, I've been to see my doctor loads of times. I asked for a blood test seeing as leukemia is blood cancer and it would put my mind at rest. They have me diazepam instead -.-

I'm sick of health anxiety , I can look back at symptoms I had years ago n think 'maybe that was the first sign and now it's progressed over the years n Al die really soon' it's ludicrous

• Posted

Thats exactly how i think. Thats health anxiety for u and no matter how stupid u think u sound u cant stop feeling/thinking like that. My docs the same they have given me citalopram but i feel worse if anything like an illness is eating away at my body and ill die soon. X
  • Posted

Anxiety is very cruel and makes us think we have something wrong... I always think I have things wron with me! And because of that I think that one day I will miss something that is really wrong with me as I blame everything on anxiety! Maybe go back and ask your doctor for a blood test just to set your mind at rest?

X

• Posted

You are certainly not ranting Justine, you are merely stating how you feel which is what this forum is for.

I feel it is more likely that you are suffering with an anxiety disorder than MS or Leukemia.

The general aching in your bones and muscles could well be associated with anxiety, and as for the purple dots on your skin this may well be Purpura (little burst blood vessels which many of us suffer from.

To put your mind at rest it might be worth a trip to your GP just to have yourself checked-over.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.