Health Anxiety? Cancer? Neurological disorder?

Posted , 7 users are following.

Im scared for my life, have been for about 2-2.5 months. I'm a 16 year old male. During the summer while with my friends I had a bad panic attack. After it occured everything went back to normal and I moved on. Come the start of school I had another. I told no one and concluded they were panic attacks based on what I searched on the internet. Once again I moved on. A couple months into school I begin this constant feeling of depersonalization. I've felt it for around 2.5 months now. I continued to live with it speaking with my guidence counseler about it. While getting the nauseous feeling that comes with anxiety and depersonalization. I searched the internet and "diagnosed" myself with numerous diseases and disorders causing even more worry. A couple weeks ago i found enlarged lymph nodes in my groin area and a small one in my neck. The nausea became worse and I lost 5 pounds. I went to see the doctor she said it was probably nothing and I had blood test done coming back fine. When I saw the lymph nodes I was 100% convinced I have cancer and then after the blood test i stopped worrying about that. Now about a week or two after seeing the doctor the lymph nodes are still out but are not growing I also have stopped losing weight. The depersonalization remain. The new thing is now muscle twitches. I have been getting them throughout my body and after looking on the internet once again am convinced I have a neurological disorder. I'm scared I'll die. I'm scared that it isn't anxiety and that something is in fact wrong. The thing being I had two panic attacks a certain amount of time previous to this ongoing depersonalization but haven't had one during. Please help.

0 likes, 29 replies

29 Replies

Next
  • Posted

It sounds like anxiety to me! It can be frightening and the more afraid we are the more hypersensitive we become to every sensation in our bodies and the more magnified our symptoms feel. Try telling yourself and believing it is anxiety and the symptoms decrease. It isn't easy to believe anxiety can create so many symptoms! You are not alone!
  • Posted

anxiety is horrible and the mind is a powerful thing if possible try to be positive reassure yourself its only anxiety i know the depersonalization sucks im going thru it at the moment 24-7 rolleyes
  • Posted

Thank you both for answering Tracie and Tammie!! Im just really scared its something wrong! Whenever I forget about the symptoms and just tell myself everything is going to be okay I either feel another symptom and they all come rushing back or I look in the mirror or realize my depersonalization and then it all comes back rolleyes

Tammie can you talk abit about your dp so I know if mine is similar?

I'm really scared it isn't anxiety and is something terrible sad

• Posted

i dont feel like myself i feel off like nothing around me is real so i get scared anxious always on edge i hate it i feel like im losing my mind tbh and my heart races fast when i start stressing about it
    • Posted

also brain fog
    • Posted

I have been in similar situations, most recently my lower back was feeling weird and the muscle spasms wrapped around to my abdomen . I was convinced it was something terrible like a tumor pressing on nerves... I had tests and X-rays and blood work all results normal!

I also have depersonalization/de realization I feel like I'm in a cloud. I feel like I'm watching things instead of participating in them.

• Posted

I too do not feel like myself. When i look in the mirror its scary I'm thinking is that really you? When I move my arms its like ik im doing that but its as if im not really controlling it if that makes any sense. It worsens the more im worrying but is constant. im scared its a brain problem or or smt is wrong in my brain sad
    • Posted

I feel as tho im crazy and will lose control...
    • Posted

me too i feel like my brain is dying or something but my dr said its normal after losing my mom 3 years ago ive been really depressed and anxious i hate derealization it really is scary ;( do u feel it 24-7?
    • Posted

My condolences...

Yes for me it is 24/7 sad

Im really scared its a brain problem! Like i said tho im 16 so iguess its not common but always possible! 😔

• Posted

thank u . yeag im even afraid to go out thinking I'm gonna go crazy or lose it. do u have brain fog too?
    • Posted

canrt think straight concentrate your brain dont feel right basically
  • Posted

This sounds very similar to me which is weird.

So the beginning of this month I had a bump on my neck so I thought it was a sore muscle, although it did go down a few days later I was feeling the area and felt a hard pea shaped thing. I read online and found that it was a lymph node and I scared my mself to death thinking I also had cancer. I went to my doctor and she said she'll give it a month and it it's still there then we'll run some test. It does make my neck hurt too. Its still the same small size, and still frightening. I've also notice that I am nauseous it's not all the time but it's more frequent since I discovered the lymph node. I have to wait until Jan 13th to see my doc again.

I am also getting muscle twitching and I'm guessing muscles spasms(it's like a stinging sensation) in my legs not all the time but a few times a day, in both legs (not at the same time). I was scared to death (again) that it was a dvt but since it was in both legs and bearable I kinda ruled it out. As I'm typing in experiencing the twitch/spasms. I'm afraid that it could be something wrong with my spine.

Sometimes i feel like there's no way anxiety can do all of this to me, so my HA takes over and I dx myself with a million different illnesses.

Anyways maybe it is us over thinking and maybe our bodies are being overly sensitive. I just wanted to let you know that you are deff not alone. A good talk with my doctor usually sets me straight for a couple of weeks.

• Posted

Thank you! Its good to know im not alone!! Do you suffer from depersonalization as well??
    • Posted

My anxiety was extremely bad from April to August and I suffered from dp almost everyday. There are some days that it does creep up on me (usually the days when I have off from work, and im home alone).
    • Posted

Do you think you're dying cuz hats what im scared of rn

How'd you get through it..?

• Posted

Oh boy, hell yes I thinking gonna drop dead any day. My main fear about dying is that I have my mom and my disabled dad to take of, and if I didn't have that responsibility then I would accept it more; but it's hard because I feel like (god forbid) If I was to die young, then what would happen to them. So I fear death. I've tried reading articles about death/near death experiences and it's such an astounding/mysterious topic that it scared me even more. What happens after? Where do I go? What do I become? What happens to the people and thing I left behind? I know I'm over thinking death because when it happens, it happens but not knowing when it will happen and if I'll suffer through it is scary. I've been afraid of this since I was 5 or 6yo, I would not go to sleep because of fear of dying in my sleep.

I've tried everything, but the anxiety meds. Deep breathing, reminding myself I'll be ok, reading/listening to music (to escape my mind), calming teas, smelling lavender and chamomile oils, writing in a journal, crying it out, exercising. These don't work all the time, so obvi some days are more difficult than others.

I have a prescription for the anxiety meds but I need picked it up from the pharmacy. Also my sleep cycle has been off due to insomnia, so I was thinking of taking the melatonin supps since no or low sleep can make me more anxious.

• Posted

Same exact thing here those thought I think of hem all the time what happens after death. Also how humans were created why were are here... This is all said to be symptoms of depersonalization as well.

My main problem is thinking its a medical problem if I was just able to know 100% that its anxiety i think i can fight it and get through it... But yeah idk

• Posted

Yeah I feel I NEED to get every type of test done, blood, urine, xray, CT scan etc of my entire body to know that all is good/normal and my mind is making up everything
    • Posted

I just did one blood test so im really scared its something else thatcan only be found with these other tests... Like idk about you but I'm 16 so its not like the doctor is going to have me do all the other tests but idk I just dk what to do...
    • Posted

I had a few blood test don't in July because I had to go to er for my panic attacks thinking they were heart attacks.

I recently turned 20, last month. And even though my doctor believes I am young and healthy with nothing wrong, if something is really bothering me for more than a month (she wants me to wait it out) she'll sign me up for a test.

• Posted

Yeah makes sense im just really hoping this is just anxiety and dp so i can just move on you know...
    • Posted

omg! i am facing the same symptoms and am worried about the same things.

what did your doc say?

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.