Health anxiety!! Cancer phobia. ....I think.

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi...I so hope here's somebody that can relate or help. I am a 24 year old mommy and I am so so scared about everything.

Firstly where it started when I was 19 I started feeling weird and "foggy" went to dr was diagnosed with anxiety. After that it went wonderful for 4 years. One day I felt a lump in my left breast long stressful horrible story short had it biopsied it was a fibroadenoma I was told to monitor it, March this year went back to do a sonogram now there is 2 more sad sad . I tried to accept its only fibroadenoma but couldn't help to panic, now I have this dull deep pain in my left arm and ribs (not unbearable) when im busy I dont even notice it, according to dr google I have cancer... its horrifying this I am dealing with im sure I have a phobia because my Mother always made me believe she has cancer and is gonna die.. she is still alive and well with no chemo both her breasts a slight cut on her nipple where "they took out the cancer" according to her.. she does lie about almost everything so I cant really believe her but it scares me in so many ways!! My dr is so sick of me I can tell he has sent me so a surgeon to remove the fibroadenoma only for my piece of mind but I do not want to wake up sleeping dogs if its not harmfull.

Am so stressed it feels like as soon as everything is well for a month or so I start to stress again its a vicious cycle I am struggling to break, and the numb pains are not helping im not sure if im imagining it.

Please help ♡♡

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hey dear,

As long as u go/went to the doctors and they confirmed it's not harmful. I wouldn't worry too much, worrying cause a variety of health issues. I had two breast biopsies done (found lumps in breast) they were painful, I had them removed, they were benign (not cancerous), now I just get breast exams and I keep it moving. Stop going on Google to diagnose, Google gives worst case senerios and will have u thinking the worst, when all in all you're fine. If u want to get ur arms and ribs checked, probably just all in ur mind, do what makes u feel comfortable. There has been times we're I felt certain pains, as went to the doctors, once they confirmed it wasn't nothing and I talked to someone about it, next thing u kno the pains went away without me noticing, like it never existed. Try to take it easy. Also, don't let ur mom's situation dwell on u, don't think what has happened to her is gonna happen to u. Seems like ur mom is fine and you will be too! :0)

• Posted

Hi Nicole,

I'm also 24, I also had a lump in my breast. I had mine removed last thursday and even tho the docs are pretty much convinced (as am I) that it was a fibroadenoma it's still being sent off for tests.

Just get it removed : ) it's not dangerous and a fibroadenoma is very different to any cancerous growth so I don't think docs are ever wrong about the diagnosis but still the only way they can really, truly, 100% know what it is, is if they take it out.

It’ll make you feel sooo much better not having it there!

If you have any questions at all about my experience just let me know, I’m happy to share all the details : )

Best wishes,

Anya

• Posted

I too had 2 biopsies done that we're sent off to the lab and came back benign, Happy were good! And so is Nicole! :0)

1st one in 2005, 2nd I believe 2012

• Posted

Thank you both I am feeling much less stressed out reading your reply's ♡♡Its gist this arm that keeps going numb but I am convincing myself its a pinched nerve as the pain comes and goes.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.