Health anxiety chest pressure

Posted , 4 users are following.

anybody else get a constant chest pressure everyday comes and goes but experience it everyday? last bloods and 2 ecgs was okay but mind always thinks the worst when i get this chest discomfort no pain just a tight uncomfortable pressure

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Edited

it really is just that. It’s anxiety. When we are anxious, adrenaline it is sent out and it causes things like chest tightness, rapid heartbeat, etc. just know that it is not dangerous when it is due to anxiety. Proper breathing will reduce this greatly or illuminate it. Get on YouTube and listen to some of the talks on breathing and anxiety.

and The doctor I listen to helped a lady who was on a plane panicking and she had the oxygen on. She was about to pass out. He went over to her and saw that she was severely anxious.

within a minute she was able to take the oxygen off after he told her what to do. He told her to place one hand on top the other and place it over her belly. Then close her eyes, breathing through the nose and concentrate on your hands rising with your belly. Then breathe out through your mouth concentrating on your hands and belly going back down.

He told her only concentrate on those things and nothing else. So she did that and was able to take the oxygen off after about only a minute of doing that. She started to settle down and could breathe easier. I tried it and it actually did work for me.Has to do with the Vagus nerve in that area of the body. that nerve triggers a relaxation response in our body.

• Edited

Hi lewisg95, yes this is me. I have been experiencing constant right sided chest pain the last couple of weeks. Its like a dull ache that's always there. Sometimes worsens when I inhale deeply and can radiate under my armpit and round into my shoulder blade.

Back in March I had the same feeling but was more of a sharp pain when I inhaled deeply. I went to A&E and got ecg, bloods, xray and everything was clear, they said it was musculoskeletal.

My health anxiety has been very high around the last 2 months (due to palpable lymph nodes in my neck) I have never taken a panic attack. I don't no if this ache is anxiety related or something more serious , ( I fear that the lymph nodes could be in my chest), but with all the muscle stretches etc, I just cant seem to get rid of it, its been going on about 4/5 weeks now.

• Posted

thank you for your reply and i hope you get sorted and some answers soon! mine just seems to come and go but its everyday. the more anxious i get the tighter it feels. usually when my mind wanders elsewhere or i can manage to distract myself it will go away which pretty much points to my health anxiety but i still worry about it.

• Edited

Yes I play a lot of sport and I am very active out walking/running etc and it doesnt bother me then. I have never been short of breath either so I am just hoping it is anxiety, but just so over it now!!!

• Posted

I am experiencing exactly this currently for the past few months, but terrified of the doctors.

I just keep reassuring myself I am still here but would advise never ignoring it, listen to your body and get checked out

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.