Health Anxiety Consuming My Life - Muscle Twitches

Posted , 6 users are following.

Hello

Glad to have found a place I can express my worries. I'm a 30 year old who has had anxiety since I was 11 years old (first case of health anxiety). Since then I have 2 major burst of anxiety that has took over my life, one where I have had to leave a job and step down from a position. This latest one though feels like its the worst yet and I am so worried.

It all started when me and my wife found out we were having a baby about 6 weeks ago which was amazing news. However a couple of days later I was driving down the motorway and bang a thought hit me "What If i'm not here for the baby and my wife or what If I get ill and I dont have many years left to support them" Major panic attack set in and I couldn't regulate my breathing, I had to pull over to catch deep breaths.

The following week I woke up and noticed I had a twitch above my heart straight away googled it "coronary artery spasm" I went into hysterics, crying panicking I was going to die. So I took myself off to walk in who checked my heart and oxygen level which were all fine. The twitch stayed for 24 hours and disappeared. A couple days went by and I was on an article about a footballer diagnosed with ALS and googled the symptoms and then my deep spiral began and convince I have it. I noticed i'd been yawning more than usual which can be a symptom of ALS so I went into meltdown so I booked in with GP who gave me a telephone consultation. I told him my concerns and he said its so rare so don't worry it sounds like anxiety but I will book you in for a full bloods test.

I went to get my bloods done, hot sweats looking at how many there are on the sheet. They told me to call back after the weekend bare in mind I was in tears what if its something wrong coming up. So time went on and I decided to phone on Friday before the weekend, bloods were in....6 out of 7 fine, then the 7th was raised which was the Liver function test. So I had to wait until Monday to get Gamma and Liver blood test, by this point i'd wrote myself off with Liver disease. Monday came and I got bloods done, phoned everyday until Wednesday when they said they were inconclusive and needed another sample. I went and gave another the same day. Friday I got my result back and all was clear. Thank god. I cried with happiness.

The next obsessive was MS a couple weeks ago (my auntie had this and passed away at 40) where I felt a numbness or tingling in my right leg which stayed for a week and I wern't sure there was a weakness but I manage to walk on it ok. Then recently i started getting these muscle twitches which I still have now, there usually in the same spots on the calfs, thigh and arms, they happen when i'm at rest sitting down usually. Last week I went on a run (I haven't done in about a year) and I think I over did it as my thighs were really sore for 3 days which got me worried again about the route of my problem ALS. i'm still going on runs daily to which my legs have been fine but I can't stop googling symptoms and it is working my up to the point of tears thinking i'm not going to be around for my wife or my future child. Ive recently started taking magnesium hoping that it helps with the twitches. Also I started CBT last week.

0 likes, 17 replies

17 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

thank you so much Stephen! i’m so glad for you and things will definitely work out well because you’ve developed A great mindset because which is the key to conquering negativity and fear! ❤

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.