health anxiety has got me down 😢

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am a 31 year old mother of 3, ages 11, 8, & 2. Around 2 months ago my anxiety skyrocketed out of control. I have lost 20 pounds and have become so depressed from it. I have been on celexa 40mg for 3 years and my doc recently added buspar and ativan. The tension in my neck is unreal as I usually always find a disease that correlates with even tho I'm pretty sure it's anxiety. I have been to 3 different ERs in the past 2 months for numerous problems. (Heart attack, blood clot, stomach pain that I was convinced was pancreatitis or cancer). It is extremely embarassing but it is a real thing to me. My family doesn't understand and neither does my husband. He tries but I can tell my constant worrying and needing reassurance is getting to him. I have started seeing a psychologist but I'm not sure she is helping so much. I'm thinking of switching to a psychiatrist so that they can control my anxiety and my meds. I have been diagnosed with GAD, panic disorder, ocd, and depression. Any help or ideas anyone has to help me through this rough patch would be greatly appreciated.

1 like, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

I know exactly how you feel, it all started very sudden for me.  I never had anxeity or atleast I never knew it until I go sick the end of 2014 and I have been a mess ever since.  I bounced from hospital to hospital trying to find an answer.  I started Zoloft and it has been a roller coaster of a time but I think my anxeity is going down even though my stomach is still a mess.  I hope things get better for you soon.
  • Posted

Hi Katie yup that's anxiety at its best and I was like you are I fact I'm sure I was at the gp more than the doctors and as for people understanding it's a hard 1 I was like that but took me years to actually tell someone as I was embarrassed , I had anxiety at 21 I'm now 35 , hope u get better soon x
  • Posted

Hi Katie I know exactly how you feel I have been diagnosed with health anxiety, panic disorder, GAD, Ocd and depression! I am having Cbt therapy at the moment which is helping and also reading a book called overcoming health anxiety which is also helping! I have suffered with them all now for 11 years and I have 4 children 10,7,5 and 3 so know exactly how you feel hun x
  • Posted

Thank you all. I too am currently reading a book called It's Not All In Your Head and Stop Being Your Symptoms and Start Being Yourself. I am working through the worksheets in them and I feel that when I take 1 step forward, I go 2 steps back. I just wish I could get out of this slump I'm in. It's exhausting mentally AND psychically. I've also tried meditation videos from YouTube which seem to help a little too. I have also been waking up with anxiety...has anyone else had this and maybe has some ideas on how to stop it?
    • Posted

Hi Katie unfortunately in some cases anxiety will get worse before it gets better , have u been to your gp x
  • Posted

I to wake anxious! One thing I have learned is that you shouldn't try to fight anxiety off accept that you do have a illness and that illness is anxiety nothing else! There are many many symptoms with anxiety that can sometimes feel as though you are really unwell but you do not have a serious illness and nothing bad will happen to you! If you get horrible thoughts accept them just as thoughts not facts really hope this helps x
  • Posted

Maybe right now in your life its hard and very busy. You have a lot on your olate with three young children and its a big responsibility.  Mine are much older and it does get better. I have health ailment and i do get anxious as id like to recover ojust have a crystal ball to see everything is okay but i dont  so i get anxious. I noticed as my kids got older its less stressful every five years. I would live my husband to always listen and be assuring he tends to make mean jokes or keep talking anout irrelevant stuff but they dont realize being kin and talking it through is really helpful. Its as if every one is caught uo in themselves but as the mother it all dumps on you. So instard of worrying so much a out health anxiety, which im not saying is easy, pat yourself on your back be ause you gave birth to three kids and have been running ragged caring for everyone. IT WILL taper down it goes in cycles by the nature of the disorder. I thought meditation was corny for a long time but they have all kinds they have healing mediations which i love. Maybe you would like them too.
    • Posted

Thank you so much Lisa! I do enjoy meditation hen I get a chance to do it. Your post made me smile. I do always do everything for everyone else and it is exhausting! I am working very hard on becoming a more positive person and focus more on the positive instead of all the negative. Thank you for letting me know it does get easier!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.