Health Anxiety hell!!

Posted , 2 users are following.

ive had health anxiety for like 5 years (I'm 20 now) and developed body wide muscle twitching after reading about ALS last year

it's gotten worse recently and now I'm convinced I have als, a brain tumor os or maybe even huntington's!

has anyone experienced anything something similar??

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Edited

I’m sorry you are so worried about this. But I’d like to help relieve your mind a little bit. When I was in my 20s, I also developed muscle twitches all over my body even on my eyelid? I thought I had a horrible disease. On top of that I had floaters in my eyes. Weakness, buzzing or vibration feeling in my brain, arms and legs., And several other sensations. My dad took me to a neurologist, and all of my testing was normal. I also found out that the muscle twitching is called benign fasciculations which means they are harmless and can be by anxiety and stress.

I couldn’t figure out why I was having all of these sensations. Until I thought about it, and he realized that they were all caused by anxiety and stress that I have had for a long time. The body can only take so much before it has a breakdown.

I am happy to tell you that I am now in my 50s and doing very well. I get occasional anxiety. And maybe a funny sensation here or there but I ignore it and it goes away.

benign fasciculations, are nothing to worry about. I’ve had them on and off for decades, and I am very healthy! So, please don’t worry. Everybody should have a yearly check up anyway with their family doctor.

also, I would like to advise you to stay off of Google and re-searching diseases, because none of those will pertain to your individual situation..

It would be a good idea to learn how to manage the anxiety because you would see a reduction in the twitches.

I also learned through the years that the more I paid attention which is the more I had them. Keep yourself busy. Maybe speak with a counselor to help you manage it.

Remember that any sensations related to anxiety are not harmful, including the muscle twitches !!

I hope this helps you at least a little bit and relaxes your mind somewhat. I really like to listen to meditations for anxiety on YouTube a couple times a day. It’s important to relax your mind. Take care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.