Health anxiety !!! Help

Posted , 4 users are following.

I am still not over coming this , I am totally fed up of the battle this weeks symptoms are gall bladder and liver disease , I am in a total flap, I work in an office and obviously my posture isn't great I've got pain across the top of my sholder blades going up my neck , I've been to the GP today and he's told me its muscular , recently I've had bloods been in hospital for suspected PE , which resulted in lung tests , but I am still convinced it can't just be muscular , I'm dreading going to work tomorrow in case it's more and I pass out or end up being rushed to hospital , I'm so fed up of this I'm so unhappy and making my family unhappy.

Could these upper back pain be part of anxiety ??

Please help

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi hun, Relax, your running away with yourself. Firstly, let me assure you muscular,pain can cause numerous problems all over your body, the more tense you become the more the muscles will tighten, it can cause everything from head ache, back ache, shoulder and every where in between.

Anxiety will,exaggerate all the pains as well

Try to believe your doctor, do some breathing exercises, get some hypnotherapy cds, anything you find will help you. Just try not to let things go full ahead, one day at a time.

You say you are worrried about work, and passing out etc, stop worrying, if you do pass out, so what, you'll just get a big fuss made of you and maybe go home early,.

What i am saying for every negative thought there is a positive, you just have to find it. And at the end of the day they are just thoughts, and may not happen at all.

Xx

• Posted

Thanks , i always think the worse and can't seem to get over it , it has taken over my life . I have been referred to mental health as the GP has said my health anxiety has become an OCD.

Thanks for your advice and the fact I'm not enjoying my work maybe causing all the tension in my muscles,

Thanks again xx

• Posted

What symptoms have you got of gall bladder and liver disease?
    • Posted

My back hurts , straight across my sholder blades and my neck hurts.

I've googled it.

• Posted

Darling, never use Dr. Google. He hasn't passed his exams and he hasn't got your notes in front of him. Use a real doctor, always.

Gall-bladder pain is so excruciating that you'd be curled up in a ball in agony.

Are you a heavy drinker/drug user? Because liver disease is pretty much always due to that. Also, it doesn't hurt. My husband has alcoholic liver disease and is in no pain at all.

• Posted

Just feel like they must be lying as anxiety surely doesn't cause all these problems.

I do like a drink , but don't take drugs.

Thank you for the advice x

• Posted

Honey, why would Health Professionals lie to you?

Anxiety DOES cause all these problems, darling.

• Posted

Hello Natalie

It sounds like sitting posture or your work environment needs changing a little.

The neck and shoulder is one of the main part of the body that feels painful if not sitting properly. There are booklets that can be read regards posture and NHS CHOICES have a good setion on posture to read

BOB

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.