Health Anxiety.. I need help!

Posted , 5 users are following.

Okay so I'm a teen and I've been worried about my health for a year. It's so so bad. Every little pain I think I'm dying. It's scares me so much! Whenever I have chest pain I think I have something wrong with my heart. I had to go to the ER twice because of my really bad panic attacks about my health.. also headaches!!! I think I'm dying and I cry and cry and cry and my symptoms only get worse!! Does anyone else feel the same?? HELP!! I'm so scared ! sad(

0 likes, 10 replies

10 Replies

• Posted

Hi

?Dont worry your not alone , i had a operaton 3 years ago that suddley bought on this Health Aniexty same as you every little pain i thought was something Bad , i was calling the drs up everyday and needing to go in and see them just so i knew i was ok or calling 111 because its the only way i knew i would be ok if i had reassurance , im 2 months in on some new medicaton that my dr gave me its a beta blocker but it has helped me so much its called Propranolol , like you i thought everything was bad and the medication i mentioned above has really helped me relax , its not a magic cure but it certainly helps me deal with my health aniexty Daily

?dont be scared , and i learnt one lesson dont google because it will tell you the worst , just go speak to your dr trust me they will understand ,

hope you start to feel better soon Dean

• Posted

Hey, 

I'm really sorry to hear what your going through, especially with it being in your teens, however I can completely sympathise almost as I was 22 (I'm now 24) when I was first diagnosed with anxiety. Never had anything of the sort & all of a sudden I just got chest pain, couldn't breath and went straight into panic mode. I even phoned myself a ambulance! Trust me your not alone. I pretty much had every anxiety symptoms going and still suffer with it now from time to time. It's just learning what triggers your anxiety and dealing with it. Everyone's anxiety is different, however I'm like you and every time I'm sick or I get a funny pain it = in 'IM DIEING' - just breathe - your not DIEING, you have to tell yourself you can't die from anxiety! 

Anxiety is a bitch - it wants you to fail and play games with you. Don't let it. Remember to stay away from caffeinated drinks, smoking and alcohol as all of these will make your anxiety 3 x as worse. 

Remember your not alone and just to out your mind at rest in total now I've phoned myself 2 ambulances, and can't even keep count how many times I've gone to the emergency room. It's just learning to deal with it, you can do it. 

Have someone close to air it out on, don't bottle it up, talk about it. Try and get a good sleeping pattern going to (you'll benefit from a nice amount of sleep a night) AGAIN - I know this is easier said than done. 

Remember his site is full of people going through the same thing as you. Comment and someone will always write back. It's good to talk, compare and relate with other people. I've found as well that any new symptoms you get, just go to your GP just to set your mind at ease as well as keeping your GP in the loop.

Anxiety is a bitch but stay strong! 

Good luck. 

• Posted

Crying makes it worse if you try not tocry and keep your self busy physically the symptoms will reduce
  • Posted

Are in any kind of therapy to help you sort this through? Hard by yourself. Its way better then trips to ER and cheaper. And if possible can you get into a yoga class. One that meets a couple of times a week. It would really teach you a lot about your body and how to calm it.
  • Posted

You are not alone. I'm going through the same thing. Being a single parent and recent widow does not help matters much. I'm only in my 30's. I pray we both get relief soon!!

• Posted

its a horrible place to be in sad but hopefully one day were all feel better

smile

• Posted

Thank you so much to everyone!!! Glad to know I'm not alone it's just so bad right now I had a complete freak out over chest pain that's been occurring all day I just took pain medicine but I'm still SO SO SCARED!! sad does anyone have any tips to help calm myself down ? Thank you so much for your replies!!

• Posted

Hi

First thing I would try and do is relax I know it's easier said then done , but I've had really bad day today too .. i know it's hard to do but when it happens or you panic say out loud there is nothing wrong 3 times , also I found drawing a way of relaxing me , or laying down in my room with relaxing music on and some candels like lavender smells or even just a 10 minute walk or sitting on the garden or if you play xbox or consoles you can try that just try to distract your mind .. you can do it

I'm seeing my CBT therapist tommmrow so I'll ask her and ill post some of the tips she gives me or if she has any links that you can have a look at

Till then remember your not alone .. and you will be ok .. the mind is just tricking you .. think postive

Take care Dean

• Posted

Thank you so much! That would be so helpful if you could give me tips about what your therapist says! Please let me know ! Thank you!! Could you also ask her if This is common in young teens too? Again thank you!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.