Health Anxiety is DRIVING me NUTS

Posted , 4 users are following.

So I finally got out the house today for dinner after and few horrible days. My husband and I are driving home and his sis-in-law calls to inform my husband a family friend died. My husband asked the cause and of course it was Cancer. It sent me into a whirlwind. I started getting hot and antsy. Then having these sensations in my stomach that I've been getting lately that I honestly can't tell the difference between if they're real or anxiety related. Please someone tell me I'm not the only one dealing with this. I see people on here all the time worried about heart attacks, brain tumors, and MS. Has anyone had any stomach issues due to anxiety? Like weird sensations or even thought they had the C word????

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes, I always had anxiety and lately uncontrollable shaking and panic attacks thinking I have everything wrong with me. Anxiety can make you sick to your stomach and make you very very nauseas.... I am going through it too. If you continue to feel like this, maybe see a therapist?
  • Posted

I not only have stomach aches but stomach pains. My doctor says it's anxiety. Every time I hear someone has cancer I get a rush of adrenaline and feel sick. I have random stomach pains alot.

• Posted

Yes! since I stopped taking my anxiety meds for the past two months, I can litterly make myself sick just thinkning about it. So sick that its caused me to pretty much throw up every meal ive eaten lately. What works is to distract my mind, focus on something that will grab all your attention. 
  • Posted

Lol it's just anxiety I know how you feel. Anxiety can trick you in all possible ways those feelings that you feel are so real but in the reality they not pay very close attention to your body and you see that is just the feeling

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.