Health anxiety is keeping me from getting my fibrouds treated

Posted , 3 users are following.

I feel like my long (21) day periods are greatfully affecting my life. Honestly, I have researched rvery possible solution. I am terrified of invasive procedures and feel so alone.

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

You need to get to your doctor, there is no way out of this.
  • Posted

Losing blood like this can make you anemic, and that make cause more health problems.
  • Posted

Oh my god I'm exactly the same !!!!!! I have have periods due to endo and an Mri picked up it up and a cystoscopy and husteroscopy advised.well I managed the cystoscopy just !!! All ok and the husteroscopy I freaked it was too painful aeake so Dr booked in a general but I have cancelled once as health anxiety is so bad and I feel I'm not going to wake up from anaesthetic and die !!!! I don't want it done but I know I need it done to check in things.health anxiety is so bad every bump lump bruise ache pain I'm dying of something terrible and it's really affecting me.ease inwo you're not alone.your 21 day periods heavy all that time or can you cope ? Is there any medication you can take to help this? How any fibroids do you have? I do feel for you as I feel exactly the same terrified of Drs hospitals etc keep in touch lots of love xxx

• Posted

Thanks Michelle! My periods are only heavy for the first few days and then they taper down to a variety of light flow, spotting , an occasional gush ! I can't believe how terrified I am. It's terrible!!

• Posted

I have 3 or 4 fibroids. The largest is 4.3 cm and the only one that might be causing my heavy periods.
  • Posted

You can get an laparoscopic done, less invasive. My friend had it done. Scrapes out all the lining of the uterus that's why your bleeding so much. Hope you get through this well! 🙏🏼

• Posted

Yes you can get a laparoscopic procedure done which is less invasive. 2 people I know had this done. One with fibroids and the other with lots of bleeding . Ask your Drs about it! Good luck I know the feeling. Anxiety is not good . 🙏🏼

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.