Health anxiety kicking in again

Posted , 6 users are following.

So a few months ago i posted about my health anxiety about how i felt when i was sore it was worse and i was going to die... Well all those thoughts have just came back, recently i'v been having a sore head at the top like if you were concentrating on something. So i do what i always do and google it stupid but i do, first thing i saw was BRIAN TUMOUR.  Now this has got me thinking 'omg it is one, i'm going to die' i'm now scared it is that sad i don't know what to do i'm sick of thinking if i'm sore i'm going to die 

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

If you have been diagnosed with anxiety and have had these syptoms before then tell yourself it is just anxiety and not to worry.

Take a couple aspirin and maybe something for your anxiety and keep busy.

If it goes away then that is a second check that will tell you it is just anxiety.

try not to freak yourself out it will just make it worse.

• Posted

Thank you

I'm trying not to freak out but i swear i can smell petrol now which i'm panicking about omg sad i'm going insane   

• Posted

Hi Aimee,

are you taking any type of medications at the moment? Some times I've noticed while on meds, I have  some weird reactions to things that never happened before. So it makes me anxious. 

anxiety does play tricks on people, I have certain triggers. Triggers are just what gets them started. Know your triggers well. So you know one of them is googling health concerns.

some of mine are crowded spaces going over bridges and speaking in front of people, like a speech also drinking coffee, and going to large malls. Some people say to keep doing these things because I will slowly desensitize to them. What I did instead was know my triggers and not go there. I can live without all of the above activitys Make a list of triggers. Then  when you feel the impulse to step into a trigger ask yourself, do I really want to do that because it usually ends up with a panic attack.

i don't know if this helps at all. But I think part of it comes down to self disapline to a degree. Set limits on what seems to set you off and either choose to avoid them or go through therapy and desensitize to them.

best of luck!

• Posted

Thank you so muchsmile the only thing i am on is the pill not any other medication my doctor did not want me going on pills for anxiety as i'm 16 years old
    • Posted

Hi...remember to you have a ton of new hormones coming into your body that weren't there three years ago. It takes time for the brain to adjust to them. Yes they are all natural, and in no way a harm to you but the brain can get antsy when hormones change places and they try to do a hulla dance. So be aware  some of it is out of your control, with hormones and difficult too. Pay attention to your cycle. Chart it journal it, and you will find a pattern. Once you find the pattern, you can then say. Rough week ahead or better yet, smooth sailing for another three weeks. We jump into triggers at our lowest points. There is a site called facade and they do biorhythms for free you just pop in the stats and it will help you see your physical mental and emotional ups and downs, and not only that it's a fun site. For me it is, but I'm not overly religous and not offended by it at all. It helps me see myself Ina different light.

take care kiddo, hang in there!

• Posted

Take evening primrose oil it helps with hormone levels and skin.

It's all natural so it won't hurt you.

Also make sure your eating right I know alot of teens don't eat right try to eat as natural as possible but not just veggies or fruits eat a variety and make sure your getting enough healthy fats oils dairy and protien too.

drink more water and less sugary caffinated drinks.

together this will all help.

if you still feel bad try some herbs for anxiety like valarian, passionflower and poppy.

• Posted

Don't google ANYTHING - just talk to your doctors about it. I ruined my life for 6 months googling symtoms thinking I was dying - don't do it!!!
    • Posted

I went to the doctor and he said that i need to find something to relax but when i'm having a panic attack that is really hard
  • Posted

I feel your pain (so to speak) I am exactly the same, not been diagnosed with anxiety, but every little ache, pain etc I end up googling it and even before I google the symptoms I think I have cancer or some other terminal illness, so fed up of feeling like this, its driving my partner mad too.
    • Posted

Its the worst feeling ever i went to the doctor and he said to find something that relaxs me and to stop doing this but thats hard for me D: i know hopefully soon we will both get over this i hopw you feel better soon
  • Posted

I have learned to let go and let God. God will heal you in his time. Just except the anxiety and change the way you think. Its a habit . You have to change the habit. It takes time and there are setbacks but you can do it. I suffered severely, lost weight, tried medicine and felt out of control and a prisioner of my own thoughts. But now I don't question my anxiety levels all day and don't think about how I feel. I replace it with positive thinking, prayer, faith and stay busy. Good luck .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.