health anxiety making me think im dying

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hey I have suffered with anxiety and panic attacks for the last 4 years on and off I am 33 and this started when suffered a miscarriage I get tense in shoulder and arm and I can't tell myself Its muscle tension and that I

am going die instead from cancer my mum died from cancer ten years

ago and only explanation to me is I'm dying and going to lose my

husband it got bad recently as started drinking alcohol first thing in

morning and smoking weed to fall back to sleep to forget about my

problems and lost my job because it was taking over my life my Dr has

put me on trazadone at beginning of Dec and no longer drink or smoke I wake up feeling on edge in morning and then get tense in arm and think

the worst feel like I am going and am seeing counsellor

0 likes, 21 replies

21 Replies

• Posted

What other symptoms do you get
    • Posted

Just get tense in arms and know it's muscles tensing but get

agitated and worry about getting tense so i get tense and get

tight in throat

• Posted

You will be fine it's just anxiety I must suffer with over 20 symptoms try not to worry like I did for over 4 years now I suffer 24/7 it's taken over my life 

• Posted

I lost my job due to this anxiety taking over my life finding it really hard to do anything just got to tell myself it is only muscles

tensing u ok?

• Posted

Im still working but really struggling with it at the moment feel so ill just want it to stop so scary some time specially when you've got family at home 

• Posted

Does it sound silly how I've Bern as get so panicky that something wrong are u on meds and talk to your f family?
    • Posted

I was on beta blockers but been taking them now but need to go back on meds really no your not silly believe me I suffer from it servely bad 
    • Posted

It's at point I worry about it happening the next day when my

husband is at work I've been put on trazadone twice a day how old are u?

• Posted

I suffer from the time I wake up til the time I go to sleep I am 25 how old are you 
    • Posted

Yes I am married i have a daughter and my wife is pregnant at the moment I worry about dieing all the time and it's scares the crap out of me to think I will be leaving them behind 
    • Posted

Why do u think u are dying what are your symptoms I wouldn't make plans for this year as didn't think I would be here and thinking constantly about how I will be in morning
    • Posted

Me symptoms just recently pains in my back my ribs headaches stomach pain and constantly feeling unwell I'm so scared I think I have cancer i can't get it out of my mind 
    • Posted

What I am learning is your brain is so powerful I tell myself I am fine just muscles contracting but then my mind turns it and thinks what if something seriously wrong and all b because I get tense so scared of tmz morning have u told ya wife how u feel?
    • Posted

Ya she try's to tell me all the time that Im just worrying but it is a powerful thing so it is hard 
    • Posted

My husband does same must be hard for them! Just get scared I will be taken away been like it since my miscarriage in 2011 all I wanna do is be a mum what does Dr say?

• Posted

I don't get pain in ribs I just get tension in arms and my mind plays tricks on me not nice
    • Posted

Not very well today mate feel worst then ever this can't be anxiety feel like I'm on my last legs 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.