health anxiety my symptoms

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi all firstly let me explain few years ago I was having am argument with my boyfriend I went to bed later on that night and woke up to pains in my chest I Of course google my symptoms and of course I started to get the usual symptoms of heart attack I rang 999 yep I did and they come to my home and said I was fine it was just heart burn .After many trips to a n e as I was satisfied my heart was ok although I do check my pulse a lot to see if it's regular still now wink anyway then I thought I had a brain tumor more trips to the quacks and opticians then that thought went. Then ms then bone cancer then kidney failure then meningitis then bowel cancer when I say all the above I mean them . I must google every symptom I get and are constantly checking my body. even today iv been wanting to go docs as im convinced there's something wrong inside my tummy. I understand people wen they say they are so tired and think they are ill cos I relate to it but really it's because we are so tense worrying ourself mad that's somethings wrong we cause the all symptoms then our minds go overdrive. its a no win situation then of course cos we are so sick of the symptoms it causes us to become depressed ; ( I have drove my family mad with this its an ill Ness .I refused to take meds for it as I hate taking meds incase I get an allergic reaction or something haha stupid thing is I no its stupid to think all these things but spose u can't help it .If anyone has any tips on how to control it get in touch. xx

2 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Terri. I am a newbie to this and have just joined as Lately my anxiety has just completely spiralled and it has left me unable to concentrate on anything else other than what terminal illness I have or when I am going to collapse with a heart attack! Yesterday I fanally visited the doctor for the 3rd time in the last 3 weeks but this was to actually own up to being anxious and becoming a hypochondriac instead of demanding to know what health problem they were not finding. I have to say I felt releived however all day today I have been so anxious that I could barely walk for the best part of the day and was convinced that I was about to get a heart attack or something! I have been listening to you tube relaxation vidoes which can help you to sleep and also give tips on how to become more positive. I think we need to just try and beat our silly minds during these times and keep on top of it as best we can.
  • Posted

Controlling health anxiety is torture, so distressing. I don't try any more because I simply think it can't be resolved without dealing with the issues which lead to it. I do know its horrendous though, you have my sympathy
    • Posted

Can I ask jmcg if you don't mind how long you have been suffering with this? I am terrified that I am losing control and it's taking over my life at the moment! I am 2 months away from getting my degree as a nurse and when my life is supposed to be starting I feel like this is going to knock me for 6!

• Posted

I have suffered with anxiety for 20 years, health anxiety appears when things are very bad. If you can come to terms with or lower your general anxiety (not easy) then the health anxiety too will fade. It's super distressing, but it's just another aspect of anxiety. Give it time, try not to obsess too much, it will pass
    • Posted

I'm 25 and have suffered anxiety/depression since teenage years however thought I had overcome the worst until January when I suffered another panic attack. I know I am generally a worrier but you are right everything is propelled and worsened during worse days. Today has been the worst ever by far with the physical symptoms being as bad as the actual anxiety but chatting to you guys has helped a lot thank you for sharing. I am hoping that you have learnt to curb your own bad days with time now and just go with it?
    • Posted

I too am In the middle of a bad health anxiety circle at the mo, even a cut from a new puppy sent me reeling! Just trying to no let myself get too wound up, but jeez it's hard! As you say the physical symptoms of the things you fear most appear- all fueled by anxiety, but your mind just goes in to overdrive! 
  • Posted

I thought I was reading MY mind. 

Are you my twin sister or something?  No, seriously!  

I get stabbing pains ib my heart too. 

Every single time I get emotional. =14pxI google every symptom I feel. 

I am constantly worried abour my health. 

A twitch or an ache  and I automatically assume there's something wrong with me! 

I even start feeling the symptoms. 

Gosh! 

I KNEW I wasn't the only girl like that. 

I'm 19, wbu? 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.