Health anxiety or TN

Posted , 5 users are following.

First off I'm an 18 year old guy who does have a history of anxiety and depression and basically last thursday i was watching a podcast and they started talking about TN and i panicked and tarted searching for hours until i went to sleep, i then woke up with my body hot and my face tingling, after i calmed down i went back to sleep and the next morning woke up and all my teeth were aching and my face felt tingly and im getting occasional little pinch pains in my cheeks and my teeth still ach a bit and my jaw hurts. I have been too the dentist and he says my teeth are fine and the doctor has said he doesnt onow what im feeling but i didnt mention about my anxiety. are these signs of tn starting? i can slap my face in the face and feel nothing but the slap, i can shower and feel only the water on my face, i can shave and brush my teeth fine with no pain and have my visor open when riding motorcycles up to 70MPH with thewind directly in my face and be fine. im just woried about this pinchy burn feeling i get occasianaly on my cheek or lip and the pressure on my jaw. any ideas oh and there isnt any popping or locking when i open my jaw just a bit stiff.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

hi Jacob, sorry to hear about your symptoms.

Is it TGN? Well I would draw solace from a couple of things - one is that TGN typically only occurs in one side of your face and you'll certainly be able to distinguish this.

Two is that TGN pain tends to be sharp, like an electric shock which comes and goes in waves. It doesn't sound like this is the kind of pain you're experiencing.

My TGN started gradually but as a mild shock type pain which was distinctive. Being able to articulate the sensation I was experiencing was key to getting a proper diagnosis that I believed in. Considering and describing what I am feeling, rather than fitting my symptoms into vocabulary I may have picked up from research, has been important.

Saying all that if you've worries you ought to try and get a diagnosis from your doc.

And this sounds a bit obvious, but as a young man, how are your wisdom teeth doing? - they can cause all kind of weird facial sensations?

• Posted

hi Jacob, This is Cathy, 59 and 8 years with TN. I also agree with Tim. what you are describing isnt classic TN. if there is a classic but

usually on one side, and comes and goes, stabbing pains for me in the gums and molar area. Imagine an electrical lightening storm and you kind of dont know where the next bolt will hit within the effected nerve area of course, that is classic. When its flared up, brushing teeth is not easy. you either work around them or work through the pain. Eating is a trigger. iI can go on . if you were fine before you watched the podcast and you tend to be an anxious person, you could try some full spectrum cbd, oil, vape, or just calm your thoughts with some thing you know relaxes you. if your symptoms persist see your doctor.

our minds can create all sorts of strange stuff.

believe me, be happy it doesnt sound like what we have.

Do you have history of cold sores?

the achey teeth make me wonder about that.

PS

I control and manage my TN with cbd relaxation techniques using magnetic pulsing and frequencies. its all about calming. I do not use perscribed drugs from doctors .

Feel free to ask more questions but relax your mind most importantly.

CATHY:) USA

• Posted

hi cathy

ive just read your reply to jacob and wonder if you are using a biomag machine? if so what setting, frequency and times are you using it?

i agree with your reply, it doesnt sound like TN, which is good! ive had it 18+ years and came off all meds a couple of years ago as side effects too hideous.

hope your symptoms deminish soon Jacob.

paula xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.