Health anxiety over 7 days.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys,

New to this but hoping to find some support and help.

I'm 26 year old male. I have always had a bit of OCD wanting my house and car very organised and clean also clean work desk and area also.

Lately I have been feeling so poorly, noticing every little pain in my body.

Firstly I noticed my urine smelt a little different not massively but a little different. So I pulled out google.

Noticed it might be on set of diabetes.... So I went to my doctors, she carried out a urine test and tested for infections with a piece of coloured paper, which come back normal. Not sure if she tested me for diabetes becuase I didn't suggest it to her, I just stated my pee smelt different.

Then the next day after, still using google I found lots of things can cause urine change, of course I though the worst the C word cancer.

I notice my left upper abdomen was more out than my right side which again freaked me out and sent me back to google. Which now I believe I have pancreatic cancer growing.

From this I went back to the doctors as I notice pain in my abdomen, feel off my food which I still am to this day.

Again she checked me over, stated the left side was fine and can be out more it's my ribs.

Now I have noticed a pain in my upper back to the left not bad pain only slight pain my stomac contaily rumbling and my stool a lot quicker lighter colour and diarrhoea.

My throat is making a gulping noise when I swallow and my bones in my shoulders back and legs seem to be cracking more when waking in the morning.

I have lost my appetite completely and feel sick trying to eat.

I'm not sure if the illness are due me thinking the worst and stressing myself to the point it's all I think about. Or an actual illness.

I have blood test on Monday. I'm hoping the results stop my worrying.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Don't worry about it man you're fine. It's just healthy anxiety I had it too but I finally acknowledged it was all in my head. Trust me you'll be fine .

Best advice I'll give you is. STAY OFF OF GOOGLE. I. Repeat STAY OFF OF GOOGLE.

Made my life hell . Literally HELL gave me worse anxiety and depression. You're fine . The more you look at Google and get a disease back the more you'll "magically" fit in with the symptoms you'll even make your body start feeling them.

• Posted

Thank you for the reply,

That's what I'm thinking, do you think I should speak to my GP about it?

I think the stress is putting me off my food and cause my stomach pains, which in turn I believe I have a serious illness like last night I felt so drained I went to bed at 8pm and didn't wake until 7am.

• Posted

Speak to him to refer you to a mental health clinic unless he himself can possibly give you anxiety medication but maybe some therapy could help you out if you feel like you need the help. Just each day remember that you wake up tell yourself that you freaked out all these other days for nothing cause if something was seriously wrong youd be dead. That's what I told myself I went to the ER so many times I lost count. And each time i was fine. Google just messed me up and now I'm paying for it because it heightened my anxiety. Don't let that happen to you and then you'll get bad migraines. Just try to relax and remember that you're fine

• Posted

I agree totally with eduardo and  jmcg. As to stomach... when we are stressed the first system to partially or completely sht down is the digetive. Food stays right where it is and starts to decompose before it's supposed and that equals gas and discomfort. Wat nothing or very lightly durinng stress episodes....apple sauce, chicken broth with a few crackers crushed in. a soft boiled egg, etc. or just fruit drinks.....orange juice seems to help.

• Posted

You already know the results of the tests will do nothing to reassure you, you'll just move on to something else. That's how health anxiety works. See your dr and tell them about your fixation on your health and ask for a referral to Psychotherapy. And stay off Google

• Posted

Thank you JMCG,

That helps.... I understand, I'll ask my GP tomorrow.

It's getting on top of me I wouldn't wish this on anyone.

The constaint thought of a serious illness being present or about to be is horrible and scary as hell.

Any suggestions to help get this off my mind, I not Google illness ever again ! I'll fight my urge!

• Posted

Hi guys, I'm so glad I read this because it sounds exactly like me. I've always been a worryier but for the last week I have had sever anxiety, thinking that everything is wrong with me and nothing every little pain ache on my body. I've been to the doctors and she's put me on 10mg propranolol 3 times a day. I've been taking it for a few days so we will see what happens but it's beginning to really get me down. I'm constantly worrying which means I then get tense and my muscles ache and then I worry more and I just cannot shift this horrible churning butterfly feeling in my stomach, it's got to the point where I can't remember feeling normal because all I've done is worry. sad it's nice to hear people going through the same in a way X

• Posted

It's not nice.

Have you noticed any change in bowl movement I seem to be going a lot but not really eating which is really worrying me.

• Posted

Hi guys,

So my blood results come back clear.

However, Still petrified that may body is going to quit on me, I can't eat hardly and fill sick of the thought, I can't remember the last time I felt like eating. Iv lost 6lb in two weeks. I have diahirre every morning about 35 mins of waking up.

Thoughts in my head that I'm going to die soon and after it's just blackness forever, I see my loved ones struggling to help me and I keep worrying about loved ones health also even my dog.

I need to talk to someone, the best part of the day is going to sleep, no worrying the worst part is the mornings and waking up. Days seem forever.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.