Health anxiety pins and needles

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi l'm new to this site and have suffered health anxiety for over 30 years. For 18 months now I have had pins and neddles in my feet and they feel burning hot inside. This started after an eyesight scare. I had blood tests for thyroid and deficiencies all were clear but caused me very severe anxiety as my mum died from a thyroid rush. My anxiety is much better but I still have the above symptoms and am now terrified I've got neuropathy. I have read your body can hold onto symptoms of psychosomatic illness ?

Please has anyone experienced pins and needles and burning feet for months at a time.

Health or any anxiety is just awful.

Thanks Claire

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Hello Claire,

Have you seen a neurologist and had tests for neuropathy?

Have you had your vitamin B12 tested? tested for celiac?

Yes, health anxiety is horrible and somatic illness is real, but there are also certain things that should be ruled out.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.